Chapter 9: True Possession

"Be a voice, not an echo."
- Anonymous

When Lucy reached Hargeon, the usually bustling crowds had thinned a bit due to the hour. She looked over at the harbour, the place where she and Natsu had first met -- the place where she had started to fall for him, and now, the place where she would put an end to that love. Or, she would try to.

The blonde made her way to a small alleyway near the harbour, and quickly ducked in. After checking no one was around, she began setting out her "death".

Murmuring under her breath, Lucy chanted the "Fake Reality" spell Levy had taught them a while ago. The moment she finished, a fake Aquarius key fell into her hands. The blonde shuddered, thinking what the feisty spirit would do to her when she found out that Lucy was breaking her key, even if it was just a fake one.

Shaking off her distress, she quickly slammed the key on the wall of the alley and crushed it between her fingers. The golden perfection shattered, turning into a golden mess.

The blonde bent down and placed the broken key on the ground. Then, she quickly pulled out the jug of fake blood and poured it everywhere, making sure that it looked like it was her spilt blood. She the stomped around a bit in the red liquid to make it look as if she had been thrashing around before she was killed.

Then she sprayed the scent masker over herself and turned to leave.

Just as she was about to exit the alley, Lucy felt a strange feeling possess her. She turned around and walked back into the alley where her "death" had happened. The blonde picked up a rusty nail that was lying around and dipped it in the fake blood, then scrawled out "You'll" next to the key.

Then, she turned around, and left. Or not.

Once again, she felt possessed and it turned her back into the alley, where she once again picked up the nail, and wrote "- E.D." beneath her previous message. Lucy didn't know what made her do it, but it felt right. All of it.

What she didn't know was in four other locations, Levy, Mira, Kagura, and Yukino had done something similar.

And, for the last time, she walked out of the alley, out of Hargeon,

Never to return.