Chapter 17: Building

"If Plan A doesn't work, don't worry. The alphabet has 25 other letters."

After taking the train to a forest about 3 hours north of Fiore, the location of Eternal Destiny's guild hall was finally decided. As they had formerly reasoned that leaving Fiore was be the best way to prevent risk, the girls and Mavis abandoned their home -- after faking Mavis's death too, obviously -- and set out to train.

It was early evening when they arrived. Getting off the train, Lucy pulled her black, hooded cloak closer to her.

'So cold,' She thought. 'It's so, so cold here. I miss my warm... no, I can't think about that now. Focus, Lucy, focus!'

They had gotten rid of their disguises, and were now all wearing black, hooded cloaks to hide their identities. Including Mavis, now that she had faked her death as well.

"Brrr..." Lucy shivered, voicing the thoughts of everyone. "W-What are we d-d-doing here, standing in the c-cold? W-We," A particularly strong wind blew by, nearing ripping off Lucy's hood in the process. Yuci caught it in the nick of time, but almost got blown away.

"Thanks, Yuci." The blonde hugged her exceed before gently putting her back in the little insulated compartment they had made inside a suitcase just for the exceeds.

"Aww, that's cute." Yukino cooed at the same time Kagura fake-cried while saying "I'm sooo jealous!".

Levy and Mira nodded. "The exceeds are so lucky." and "I'm freezing." were their responses.

And they were right. The little compartment that the baby exceeds were in was insulated with thick layers of multiple different materials and heated by heat magic, courtesy of Mavis. There were tons of fluffy exceed-size pillows and some exceed-size blankets, and some expandable lacrima items (e.g. Lacrima tablet, phone, tv, etc. There was also a mini snack-and-juice bar, and Celestial World forbid, she bet they were pigging out on there. Lucy was brought out of her thoughts by Mavis yelling.

"Are you here to train, or are you here to complain?!? If your gonna complain, sayonara. If your gonna train, hurry the hell up!"

Unnoticed, Mavis was already far ahead of them and she wasn't planning to wait. Her declaration immediately shut everyone up, and they rushed to follow.

Upon reaching a small town a while later, their first stop was the hardware store. None of them knew how to construct something huge out of nothing yet, and Levy's magic would only be useful for a limited amount of things. So they decided to do the the pen-and-paper way, or the brick-and-mortar way. After picking up planks of wood in varying sizes, nails, and some glass, Mavis lead the group to an abandoned alleyway next to the hardware store, where she drew a teleportation circle and teleported them back to their chosen location,

Where they started the building of their new guild hall.