chapter 5

Harry was panting, unaware if what just happened was real or not. Zayn had so kindly pulled up Harry's jeans for him before he left, so all he had to do was re-button and zip it up (plus try and clean up the mess he had made on the toilet seat). So once he was done with that, he stumbled out of the bathroom and right into Louis.

"HARRYYYYYY I thought you went home, mate, I was just going to ... You look different." Louis then gasped. "Did you just have sex?!"

Harry hated Louis right now. He hated that they knew absolutely everything about each other because of how close they were and, even in his drunken state, Louis did not miss Harry's flushed cheeks, messy hair and exceptionally bright, sated and wide eyes.

He always looked like that after a good romp.

***

"Oh, God, fuck! Yes, right there, Matty, shit!"

Louis' jaw fell and he put his book down. Did Harry really have someone over .. Who the hell was this 'Matty' person? Harry does not do one night stands - he's always lecturing Louis on them. Louis tiptoed out of his room and as soon as he left it, the moans got louder until suddenly, everything was still for a while. He decided to make himself look busy in the kitchen when he heard a soft click of the door opening and people mumbling.

"I'll see you later?" Harry whispered and walked out with a man with equally curly and messy hair. As soon as his eyes landed on Louis, he felt like immediately running back into his room.

"Hey, didn't think you would be home this weekend." Harry greeted Louis, who had just opened up the cabinet to pull out a packet of raisins and peanuts.

"Oh, hey, yea, I just got in... wanted a snack." Louis replied with a teasing smirk and popped a peanut in his mouth.

"Uhm, this is Matty." Harry smiled shyly and introduced his 'friend' to Louis.

"I heard," Louis joked and shook his hand.

"And this is my roommate." Harry continued, and gave Louis a warning glare.

"Nice to meet you." Matty smiled at Louis and then turned to take Harry's face in his hand. "Speak to you later, baby." He whispered against his lips and didn't hold back when he kissed him just because Louis was in the room.

"I don't wanna hear it." Harry was quick to say as soon as Matty had left and Louis was just about to open his mouth, a wide grin on his face.

"Oh, Matty, yes, right there!" Louis threw his head back and moaned, mockingly loud. He squeezed the packet in his hand a bit too tightly and sent a few raisins and peanuts flying. "Oh shit." He laughed and kicked them under the table.

"Kicking them out of sight isn't going to make them go away!" Harry complained and pulled down his sweater sleeves, walking towards the table to pick them up.

"So, Matty your boyfriend?" Louis asked, choosing to ignore Harry's complaint.

Harry quickly glanced at Louis and then back to the floor, not answering him.

"Hellooo? Look, I'm sorry I teased you." Louis laughed.

"Would you mind?" Harry asked sheepishly, his back to Louis, afraid to look him in the eye.

Louis' smile fell and his face was a picture of confusion.

"Woooould I mind what?"

"...like..him, me...you know."

What is he going on -

"Harry, do you think I'm some kind of homophobe?" Louis asked and quickly walked over to him to hop up on the table and sit facing him so that Harry couldn't look away. "I'm not." He added quickly when he saw Harry nervously picking at a piece of skin on the corner of his thumb.

Harry finally looked up at Louis and saw that his best friend was being honest with him.

"Whatever and whoever you like is cool, Harry." He shrugged.

"Really?" He let out a relieved laugh and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Did you really think I was?" Louis laughed with him and Harry nodded.

"You looked like it a bit."

Ironic, isn't it?

"Harry, I'm hurt!" Louis placed a hand on his heart and leaned back onto the table. He was always so dramatic.

"Sorry." Harry smiled and scratched the back of his neck. "...Been sneaking Matty in on weekends so yea, we're together."

"He seems nice. Doesn't seem to care what I think at all, since he snogged you well right in front of me! You should be more like that." Louis said, nudging him with his knee. "Stop being so shy, Haz, just stop giving a damn what other people think. Be you."

Harry let out a heavy sigh and tapped his finger against the table before he looked at Louis again. He outstretched his arms and Louis smiled, taking the hint and shuffled forward to hug him.

"Thanks Lou. You're like, the best best friend I've ever had."

Harry doesn't really want to let go of the hug but a part of him - that annoying, nervous, overthinking part of him - says that maybe he should let go before Louis starts feeling uncomfortable and things gets weird between them.

"Good?" Louis checks once they've pulled apart and Harry nods. "Good." He says, satisfied and walks back to his room. "Oh, and no 'sorry' or 'thank you' in this friendship." He shouts over his shoulder just before he goes back into his room.

Harry and Matty didn't last, unfortunately. Something about Matty being in a band and having it finally taking off, but it was okay because they remained friends.

***

"So who was it? Are they still here?" Louis tried to whisper over the loud music. Tried being the keyword because Louis did not know what whispering was when he was this drunk.

"I'm just really drunk, Lou." Harry replied in a slightly flat tone.

He wasn't completely lying. Harry's mind was now almost completely sober, but his body still felt drunk.

"Yeeeaaa!" Louis wasn't buying into Harry's lie but he dropped the subject and walked back to their circle of friends - where Zayn was.

Harry, who was trailing behind Louis, was just about to go to stand next to Zayn so that he could actually speak to him now, but stood frozen in place when a familiar blonde girl came into sight. The girl he saw the other night with Zayn.

Again, Zayn had a wide grin on - as if solely for her and kept his eyes glued to her face as they spoke, laughed, kissed -

What?

His hand drops to her lower back to pull her closer to his body as she wraps her arms around his neck and Harry feels sick and, it's not because of the copious amount of alcohol he's consumed.

Zayn's kissing this girl like she's his everything and Harry feels his heart sink.

Maybe this is just the type of person Zayn is. He really likes to have fun when he goes out and doesn't want to be tied down.

A/N: yes Matty as in Matty Healy :) ship him lots with Harry 😍