chapter 14

Harry's mouth goes dry and he licks his lips again.

God, you've got to stop fucking doing that. Zayn thinks with a grin and leans his head back against the chain.

"How's it different with me?" He whispers and Zayn's smile falls.

"I just like you. You're a genuinely nice person. Apart from Liam, no one's really cared to make an effort with me and...I've lost friends or just never made enough." Zayn whispers back. He can see that Harry's a genuinely nice guy.. and he wants him to like him back. Plus the fact that Harry is indeed gay/bi - was just receptive towards Zayn, helped a whole lot.

Again, Zayn breaks eye contact. "Tell me about yourself?" He asks and let's his eyes dart from his shoes, to Harry, to back to his shoes.

Harry smiles softly and complies, telling Zayn the basics of himself, his degree, his family life.

"You know...I thought you and Louis..."

"Everyone does." Harry laughs. "I guess they're not really your best friend unless someone thinks you're gay." He laughs and Zayn gets lost in his dimples.

He finds everything about Harry so pure and honest - and so beautiful, my God. He can't contain his admiration for his beauty.

"But yea, we're friends. Like you and Liam." He nods and Zayn mirrors the movement.

"Stop staring, yeah?" Harry teases when he sees Zayn's eyes scanning the curves and contours of his face. He means it as a joke, but Zayn feels deeply embarrassed.

"Sorry." Zayn says and now it's his turn to blush. "Should get you home. It's pretty late." Zayn suggest, already standing on his feet but Harry doesn't want the night to end. He's happy that he's gotten to know Zayn a bit more, slowly becoming a friend, but reluctantly follows him back to his apartment.

**

"I won't come up so, goodnight." Zayn nods once they've reached the elevator and he hits the arrow button for Harry.

Harry nods back slowly too and takes one step closer to Zayn. "Can I kiss you?" He bravely asks and Zayn's eyes dart around them. They're completely alone, surrounded by nothing but each other and darkness.

Zayn laughs nervously and lowers his head but Harry moves closer until his nose is just inches away from Zayn's.

"Fine." Zayn gives in because he wants to kiss Harry just as badly.

Zayn removes a hand from his pocket and let's it settle against the back if Harry's neck, letting their lips touch and slowly and softly move against each other.

The kiss slowly grows deeper when Harry sticks out his tongue and Zayn instinctively opens his mouth so Harry can run it along the roof of his mouth.

"Okay, enough." Zayn whispers once he's broken the kiss and Harry breathes heavily against Zayn's mouth, his eyes still closed.

"Zayn?"

Zayn snaps out of his short daydream and stares at Harry who's now in the elevator, his hand in the door, preventing it to close. He bites the inside of his cheek. The kiss wasn't real - even though it felt so.

"I'll see you around then?" He smiles gently and Zayn nods.

"Thanks for tonight...listening and ...stuff." He says somewhat awkwardly, trying to shake the thought of kissing Harry from his head.

"No need to thank me... we're friends." Harry replies with his famous grin.

"Friends." Zayn echos.

A bit if a rocky start to the relationship, but he's happy nonetheless.

"Good luck for your exam!" Zayn rushes out and shouts as he walks away, after suddenly remembering about it.

Harry just manages to shout a 'thanks' back at Zayn before the elevator doors can close and he makes his way up to his apartment.

The apartment is silent and Harry tries to keep it like that as he walks in, not wanting to wake Louis up.

His nose and lips are ice cold. Come to think of it, everything - including his feet are frozen and Harry, for the love of him, can't fall asleep if he has cold feet. A hot shower sounds like heaven to him right now and it a few seconds, finds himself quickly stripping out of his layers of clothes while the water runs and heats up.

He doesn't know where things will go with Zayn, if they'll remain friends or drift apart from each other but he's willing to find out. He's always been that sort of person - to give people a chance... Even if it won't be so easy with Zayn and their conflicting personalities.

A/N: told you it was a messy situation, but I wanted to try write about a relationship like this since I'm learning about these types of disorders :) thanks for sticking with this story x