chapter 25

Zayn: happy new year

Harry: happy new year, Zayn ☺🎉

Zayn: I miss you

Harry bit his lip and felt as if his heart fluttered. He had been missing Zayn a lot too but didn't know if he could tell him that.

Harry: I miss you too 💜

Harry waited anxiously if Zayn would reply. He waited and waited and waited until he saw that half an hour had passed. He sighed tiredly and pushed himself off of his bed. He needed to talk to someone.

Walking downstairs he heard the clang if some pots and pans and saw his mother setting the dishes from the day before.

"Hey," He threw his arm over Anne's shoulders and bent his knees so he could rest his head on her shoulder.

"Hello sweetheart. Do you need something?" She asked, quickly cupping his cheek before going back to her task at hand.

"Mmh," Harry moped a bit and moved to lean against the sink. "Gemma back?"

"No. She's probably nursing a hangover at a friends place." Anne chuckled. Gemma had pushed for him to come out and celebrate the new year with her but Harry had refused. He just didn't feel in the right mood.

"Oh..."

"Harry?" Anne asked, picking up on his quiet behaviour.

"Can we talk, mum?" He frowned and looked her and she nodded.

"Of course, hun. Come, sit."

Harry bit the inside of his cheek and drew meaningless patterns on the table.

"I met someone." He started.

"That's lovely, Harry. What's his name?"

"Zayn. Uhm, it's not all lovely." He mumbled and now it was Anne's turn to frown. "He's uh, got a girlfriend.." Harry looked up with see his mother's slightly shocked face. "Had. Had, I'm sorry. He just broke up with her, but I don't know. With what he told me it didn't sound like she completely let go." He shakes his head. "He hasn't really told anyone that he's gay and actually asked me not to tell anyone either, but mum I had to. I know you won't tell anyone." He leans back and sits up straight. "I really like him. I didn't expect to fall for someone like him in my wildest dreams but I did and - it's just all, I don't know? I feel like I'm constantly under water with all of the secrecy."

Anne moved her hand to cover Harry's and gave him a gently squeeze. She knew that Harry was open about everything. He loved to show off the good in his life and now that he couldn't do that, he was struggling with this relationship. "Haz, love, just be patient with him."

"I am mum. I'm just scared..." He whispered.

He was scared of being hurt by Zayn because of how fast and hard he was falling.

"He's so different to any guy I've ever been with."

"Darling, you know I've always told you if it's meant to be, it will be - without forcing it. I just think that you should talk to Zayn about the feelings you're having."

"I don't want him to push me away." Harry explained Zayn's condition and was worried that Zayn did not want anything super serious.

"He sounds like a lovely person from what you've told me. A little broken because of his past struggles, but still beautiful."

"He is...and he doesn't even see it. I -"

Just then the front door could be heard being shut and a very tired looking Gemma walked past the kitchen.

"Good afternoon." Anne laughed at her daughters' expression. "Nice of you to join us for lunch. It should be ready in an hour."

"No rush," Gemma mumbled and came over to say happy new year to each of them.

"Gem! You smell like a bar."

"I know, I know. Stop shouting, mother."

"Nice hickey." Harry spotted and Gemma adjusted her scarf before giving him a nice cold glare.

"I'm going to shower." She said before leaving the kitchen.

"We'll talk later?" Anne asked and Harry shook his head.

"No, it's fine. I just needed to get all of that off of my chest. Thanks mum."

"Anytime, love." She pinched his cheek and gave him a comforting hug before he was off to his room again.

Just a few more weeks now, Harry.

***

"Ow, fucking shit."

Harry heard the mumbling curses from his room, back at his and Louis' shared apartment. Opening the door he saw Louis trudging his bags behind him.

"You could have called for help, y'know?" Harry said already walking towards Louis.

"Hazza!" Louis turned around, genuinely surprised to see Harry. "Didn't know you were already here." He moved, almost tripping over a bag to get to Harry and hug him hello.

"Just got here a few hours ago - No more lip ring?" Harry focused on Louis' face.

"Oh," Louis smiled and ran his thumb over the empty hole under his lip. "Yea, just got over it and took it out. New year, new me." He said in an obnoxious voice, poking fun at the saying too many people used nowadays.

Harry laughed and he too stick his hand out to feel Louis' chin. "Good, you look better without it."

"Yea, yea." Louis rolled his eyes. "Now are you going to help me or just stand here and admire my godly features all day?"

Harry snorted and grabbed the bag closest to him. "Give you one compliment. New year, same you."

*

Later that night Harry sat glued to his phone.

Harry: so like, soccer just got 10 times more hectic?

Zayn: yea, plus I'm moving house to be closer to the academy

Harry: need help?

Zayn: nah. Got it sorted. Don't worry about the schedule though. I promise to make time for us

Us.

Zayn: I'm excited to see you tomorrow :)

Harry: me too :)

Zayn: I'll come pick you up to show you around the new area I'll be in, sound good?

Harry: sounds great. I can't wait x