chapter 7

It was Friday morning and all Harry wanted to do was curl up into a ball and go back to sleep. The first thing that he did before he could get out of bed was check his Instagram feed. A few of his friends who had the same exams as he did posted a few memes about how this might be their final day on earth and it earned a very light chuckle from Harry.

Closing the app, he got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. Before he could open the cabinet to get his toothbrush, he took in his tired features in the mirror. He hated the way he looked around this time - exam time specifically. He stared at his messy bedhair, tired eyes and puffy face. He thought that stress made him appear to be ugly.

Fed up with looking at his 'flaws' he brushed his teeth and got into the shower, had some breakfast, grabbed everything he needed for today's exam and silently left, as to not wake Louis.

***

Awful. Awful, awful, awful.

Harry massaged the left side of his head as he exited the exam hall. He was starting to get a headache right behind his eyes and all he wanted to do was head home, have a large mug of tea and take a nap.

Walking down the stairs and to his beat up little Toyota, Harry heard a group of people talking and laughing, and any other time, he wouldn't have given them a second look but he heard a familiar laugh that belonged to Zayn.

That's just great.

"Hey, Harry!" Liam greeted him, as cheery as ever. He liked Liam. He was really sweet and genuine.

"Hi Liam." Harry greeted and hoped that that's all it would be. A quick 'hello' but Liam decided otherwise.

"What's up? You had that exam today, right? How'd it go?" Liam rushed out, as he almost always did when he was happy.

"Uh, yea. It was alright I guess." Harry wished that Liam could pick up on his down mood, but sadly he didn't.

"Ah, well I'm sure you aced it! The boys and I just here for a little practice, got a match coming up next week." Harry zoned out and stared daggers at Zayn who was speaking to another teammate but would occasionally glance at him too. He had a hairband pulling back his long hair, showing off his gorgeous face -

No. He is not gorgeous. He's an ass of the first order, dammit, focus.

"Yea? We'll that's great, good luck for that." Harry nodded and gave Liam a pat on the arm. "So I'll see you around then." He said and took a step back, signalling that he really had to go, and Liam finally said goodbye.

Zayn, however, wasn't as eager to catch up to the rest of his teammates and slowly stalked towards Harry. He tossed the soccer ball in his hand, up and down a few times until he was right in front of Harry.

"Do you have something to say?"

"No." Harry said and adjusted his bag on his shoulder.

"Well then how about you stop giving me dirty fucking looks, hey?"

"Oh, what? Your conscious finally eating at you, cheater?" Harry asked sarcastically.

"Look, I told you I was drunk -"

"Yea, I know what you told me. One time it's 'I was giving you what you wanted,' the next it's, 'Oh, I didn't know what I was doing because I was too pissed.' You don't know what the fuck you're on about or who you want." Harry spat. He really felt like Zayn was bringing out the worst in him and wish he could have just let things go and walked to his car.

"Who I want? Are you insinuating that you're actually something that I want?" Zayn frowned.

"You literally sucked my dick." Harry whispered harshly. "And judging from your piss poor attitude, I can see that you don't want to admit what you did to yourself. What is your problem, are you afraid to admit you're bi or something? -"