chapter 31

Harry surprised himself with that.

He was in love with Zayn. Completely and utterly in love with him.

"What is it?" Zayn asked with a small laugh. The corners of his eyes wrinkled because of his smile.

"N-nothing." Harry forced out and kissed him again before jumping out of bed to put on a pair of pants.

"As much as I'd love to just stay and do nothing with you all day, we've got practice in a few hours." Zayn said following his movements and gathered his clothes.

"I understand. I'll drive you." Harry said and began the search for his car keys once he had pulled a hoodie over his head.

*

On his way back from Zayn's, he stopped at a little gift shop to look for a picture frame. He finally settled on a silver, olden antique style frame. He thought that it suited both him and Zayn rather well.

"Dammit. I should have brought my camera with." He mumbled to himself as he walked towards his apartment door. He contemplated quickly grabbing it and heading back into town to print some of the pictures but his thoughts stopped altogether when he heard a female voice coming from Louis' room. An all too familiar voice.

Before he could make anything of it the door swung open to reveal a laughing Louis and Gemma. Harry, more from shock then anything, fell right back into the front door, his eyes wide with surprise. "Gemma?"

"Harry." Her smile quickly fell, as did Louis'.

"I thought you were with Zayn?" Louis blurted out.

"Who's Zayn?" Gemma asked with a quirked brow.

Oh God.

"I? What are you guys..." Was all Harry was able to get out. He already knew what was going on. Why Louis seemed to be going out as much as him, how both of them seemed to be glued to their phones more than usual, the hickeys on Gemma's neck - oh God, ew, sicksicksick. He felt like he was going to throw up at the thought.

"Harry -"

"Why were you guys sneaking around behind my back?" He cut his sister off.

"Because you weren't the most supportive of the relationship. Hell you wouldn't even let me take her out on a date." Louis answered.

It was the secrecy of it all that had hurt Harry more than anything.

"For good reasons, Louis! She's been fucked over in the past - by guys like you!"

"I told you I wouldn't do that, Harry! God, I like her, okay, I really like her and I wouldn't do that."

"Harry, I love you but you've got to stop worrying so much. Louis' changed.. and I really like him too." Gemma interjected.

"Yea, well congratulations." Harry told the both of them and stomped to his room, grabbed his camera and brushed past them again to head out the door.

"Harry!" Louis shouted.

"Let me go after him." Gemma said, already opening the door. "Harry! Harry, Christ, slow down will you?"

Harry wouldn't speak - wouldn't even turn to look at her.

"... So, who's Zayn?" She quizzed him, trying to break the ice. It was only fair seeing as he had found out about her little secret relationship.

God dammit.

Harry slowed his pace and shoved the camera in her face. Gemma grabbed hold of his hand to steady it so that she could get a good look at the picture.

"Is this your boyfriend??" She almost squealed and Harry blushed.

"Yes." He grumbled. The had both stopped power walking and now stood outside the elevator.

"He's so fit! Well done, you!" She laughed and gave his shoulder a light shove.

"I'm still mad at you!" Harry said taking back the camera from her and her laughter died down.

"Harry, I'm sorry. Honestly it all happened so fast. I came over to surprise you one weekend and Louis said you had gone out. He invited me to the movies with I'm so it wasn't a wasted trip." She shrugged. "Ever since then we've just...gotten closer."

"Yea, I don't need to know more." He held up his hand and then brought it down to squeeze the bridge of his nose.

"Don't be mad." Gemma rubbed his arms. "Pleeeaaasse. You hid your boyfriend from me!"

"Oh, Gemma, shut up. I did it for a reason." Harry said, stopping her whining. "Besides you know that you and -"

"Harry," Gemma pleaded and Harry saw the sadness in her eyes so he dropped what he was about to say.

Just then, a sheepish looking Louis made his way over to the pair while he  nervously readjusted his blue beanie. "Are we okay?" He asked and Harry glared at him.

Gemma gave Harry a hard nudge with her shoulder and he nodded. "Yea. We're fine. Damn big mouth."

"I'm sorry! You're just always at Zayn's so I thought you were heading there to spend the night again. I'll fill you in later." He said the last part to Gemma who was in the dark about everything Harry and Zayn.

"He had soccer practice and I came to get my camera to print the picture." He said hitting the elevator button.

"Well I didn't know that!"

"Well that teaches you not to be so fucking sneaky. I'll see you later." Harry said and stepped in and waited for the elevator doors to close.

Harry: you'll never believe who I just caught Louis with 😷

Zayn: your sister 👅

Harry: 😑😒😒😒

Zayn: wait, really? 😂😂😂😂 I was taking the piss 😂😂

Harry: yea, well you're right!

Zayn: best friend to brother in law, ey? 👬

Harry: I think not 😒 I'm probably going to have mascara stains on my shoulder in a few weeks 😒

Zayn: awww Harry 😝 you're so cute, give them a chance

Harry: they're so gross 😕 why her of all people?

Zayn: she's hot? 😕 he's hot? 😕 2+2=4

Harry: 2+2=watermelon

Zayn: 😂😂😂 listen babe, as much as I love your rants, I've got to go, will chat later, okay? 😘

Harry: fine :( 💛

There it was again. Harry had the impulse to send Zayn another message saying that he loved him.

Nope. Just go print your picture, Harry.