chapter 34

"Fuck. It's colder than usual."

"Zayn. We live in the UK." Harry quipped with his signature crooked smirk and teased Zayn with his eyes.

"I said than usual." Zayn fought his own smile that tugged on his lips.

"Come here then." Harry said taking Zayn's hands - which were icy to the touch in his own. He brought them up to his lips to blow his warm breath on them before he could place them against his chest.

Zayn, who was watching Harry heat his hands up, was about to tell him not to worry, just as Harry softly kissed his knuckles.

"Better?" Harry murmured and Zayn nodded.

The pair were sitting in Zayn's car, in the parking lot at Harry's place.

"Thank you." He said and pulled Harry in for one last kiss before he could leave. "Oh, by the way.. the match this weekend?"

"Yea?" Harry sat back in his seat, eyes fixed on Zayn as he watched the joy dance in his eyes.

"My family's coming down to watch and...well...I was going to tell them you know, come out to them."

Bless Zayn's heart. His eyes, voice and smile showed so much happiness yet his knee bounced nervously and the hand that held Harry's had grown clamy and trembled slightly.

"Aw babe, yea?" Harry smiled and leaned forward again.

"Yea.. and with Don wantimg to meet you too, it's a pretty eventful weekend." Zayn said, and coughed out a nervous laugh which made him then bow his head in embarrassment.

"Hey," Harry tilted his head up. "I'm excited for you, for everything. Be excited with me too. I love giddy Zayn." Harry whispered and kissed him, both of them smiling like fools into the kiss. "You're sure right?" Harry asked once they had pulled away. "About the timing?"

"Yea. Yea...I'm gonna do it on Saturday, so after the match and before they head home if things do end up going sour." He answered and pressed his lips together in a tight line.

"Okay." Harry had too, grown serious. "We're all here for you okay. Me, Doniya, Liam, all of us. You'll always have us, Zayn." Harry assured him and gave his knuckles one final kiss which made his smile return.

*

Doniya: so like...you got the tat for him?

Zayn: kind of, for him and me, yea

Doniya: oh

Zayn: what, do you not approve? Lol

Doniya: no, it's not that, I mean it's your body and you've always done whatever you want with it lol..it's just that it's like a big commitment to have

Zayn: well, like I said, he's important to me

Doniya: I'm not saying that things aren't going to work out or jinx anything but like, would you be okay with it on your body if you and Harry break up?

Zayn: yea

Zayn: coz the tattoo will remind me of the memories. They're good memories. He made me happy in those times so yea..I can look at it and remember the good times

Doniya: ☺☺☺☺ as long as there's that then I'm happy for you ❤

Zayn: thanks Don

Zayn: hey I'm super excited to you all of you and mum and dad ☺

Ah. There was her baby brother that she missed so much. Soft and vulnerable Zayn, letting his guard down.

Doniya smiled at her phone and quickly typed a reply about how excited she was to watch him play in his upcoming match. Like Harry, she understood just how much soccer meant to Zayn and loved what it did to him.

***

"Hey man."

Zayn stopped lacing up his soccer boots and looked up.

"Oh hey, Niall. What's up, mate?"

"Not much. You ready for the match on Friday?" He asked with excitement rushing through his veins.

He was a likeable character since he was so easy to talk to and get along with. No one could really fault or have a problem with someone like Niall.

"Yea." Zayn answered him. "What about you?" He smiled down at his soccer boots once he stood up.

"Fuck yea!" He bounced on his heels and Zayn chuckled at his infectious enthusiasm. He was just about to tell Niall that he would see him out on the field when Niall continued to speak. "So, nice Valentines Day?" He asked and gave Zayn a crooked smile and nodded his head towards the light hickeys peaking out of his shirt.

"Mm." Zayn wagged his eyebrows and teased before he offered Niall a fist bump on his way out. He stopped when his phone buzzed in his hand. The small smile Niall had put on his face upon mentioning his love bites slowly dropped until it was no more.

Doniya: hey .. so it's just going to be me and Waliyha this weekend

Doniya: mum dad and Saf aren't going to be able to make it. I'm sorry Zee

Zayn's heart dropped upon reading the message. He typed and then retyped and then retyped again.

"Hey, you alright there, mate?" Niall asked.

"Yea I'm fine." Zayn answered him in a much flatter time then just minutes ago.

Zayn: what's their excuse this time?

Zayn: why doesn't Safaa want to come along?

Zayn: you know, never mind. I don't fucking care

Zayn: don't waste a trip by coming down for me. It's fine really.

Zayn was quick to turn his phone on silent and lock it, not wanting to see if it's been read or if he was about to get a reply. He walked past the lockers and shot his hand out to punch one of them which added a small dent to it and, gave Niall a heart attack as he dropped his shoe and looked on in worry as Zayn walked away.