chapter 35

Harry had his earphones in which blasted 'Starman' by David Bowie as he decided to take the stairs up to the apartment, instead of the elevator, to get his body nice and warm.

He bopped to the beat of the song just as the guitar solo started and he reached his door. Once he opened the door, he was still far too entranced in the music and in his own world to notice that he was unknowingly giving Gemma and Louis a dance performance. It was only when he lifted his head and caught their eyes that he almost had a heart attack and slipped back into the closed door. "Jesus!" He breathed out and took out his earphones before he clumsily wrapped them around his hand and shoved the into his pocket.

"Hey, Beyoncé." Gemma greeted him with amusement thick on her voice.

Louis sat next to her on the couch - not too close (well not anymore), with his arm resting on the backrest. He rubbed his lips with his forefinger and stifled a laugh while he greeted Harry too.

Harry's lips turned down in disgust at the sight of his sister and his horny best friend. - Ick. It's not like they were doing anything that would make all of them awkward. Gemma had the new Allure magazine on her lap, reading an article about some new all green diet that she'd probably give a shot just for the hell of it and, Louis was just sitting relaxed beside her side with a foot resting on the edge of their mini coffee table... but they're still so super gross to poor Harry.

"See Zayn put you in a good mood." Louis joked playfully. "Didn't think we'd see you today."

"Yea." He grumbled and went to the fridge, feeling a bit peckish.

"Oh come on, Haz. At least we're not hiding stuff from you anymore." Gemma said and Harry stilled.

He closed the fridge and let out a heavy sigh which Gemma and Louis to look at each other.

"Mate?" Louis called.

"It's not you guys. Well yea - it's weird as hell to see." And super cliché, but Harry wanted that. He wanted to show Zayn off to people and introduce him to friends and family as his boyfriend. Harry's eye caught Louis' arm now draped over Gemma's shoulder, his thumb absent-mindedly stroked it lovingly. If Harry had to admit it, he was jealous of their relationship. He wanted both him and Zayn to be relaxed around everyone and not fly apart if their front door had to be opened, unannounced.

"Aw, Haz." Gemma said sympathetically. "Come here," She outstretched her arm to beckon Harry who had come over and forced himself to sit between the pair with a box of oreos.

"You massive child." Louis said to Harry who had a smug grin to give to his best friend.

***

"CAN YOU PASS THE FUCKING BALL, MALIK?" Shawn screamed from across him.

Unfortunately for both of them, they were put on the same team for this practice match, and although it wasn't the real thing, they had to take it seriously in preparation for their upcoming match.

"HERE, YOU FUCKING PRICK!" Shawn swore, getting tired of Zayn blatantly ignoring him.

Not caring about scoring the goal anymore, Zayn passed the ball to Shawn. Right into his face. He knew good and well what he was about to do as soon as he had Shawn's fave lined up with the ball and didn't care if it was as wrong thing to do.

The force of the ball immediately sent Shawn flat on his back with blood streaming down his nose. The pain quickly wore away once he howled on the ground for a second before he sprung back up and headed straight for Zayn who showed no sign of backing off. If Shawn wanted to talk big, he had better back it up now because Zayn was getting fed up.

"Pretty fucking brave compared to the little fuck you used to be, hmm?" Shawn said, getting right up in Zayn's face and Zayn smiled just to mock him.

"Go fuck yourself. You're not good enough to even be on this field." Zayn spat.

"You little fucking twink-" Shawn didn't get to finish (if he even was) as Zayn just shut him up for good by headbutting, sending him tumbling to the ground for a second time, only this time he did not manage to get up.

"JESUS." Another teammate shouted and pulled Zayn, who was seeing red, away from an unconscious Shawn.

"Malik!" Coach Anderson's gruff voice was just enough to temporarily pull Zayn out of his rage.

"What?!" He snapped, teeth bared and veins protruding.

"Off the field now. You're not playing the match on Friday."

Choruses of 'what' echoed around Zayn. His teammates needed him for this match. It was like the wind had been knocked out of Zayn's chest as soon as his coach told him that he wouldn't be able to play.

"Sort out that temper of yours and whatever the hell is going on between you and Shawn." He said and nodded towards Shawn, who was only just regaining consciousness.

This was all going to shit. The entire weekend had completely fallen apart in a matter of days. Zayn ran his hand through his hair, pulling off his hairband in the process and silently trudged off the field. Right now, he needed a drink - or several to ease his nerves because it was all growing too much for him to handle all at once.

A/N: uhmm, I'm not sure if tw*nk is a homophobic slur? 😕 major ignorance on my part if it is and if I've offended anyone reading, I do apologise, like always it was only for story purposes (i know some people don't really like it, I'm so so so sorry again).
Media is the villain of the story. He's an actor my friend told me about and I thought he fit the part well