chapter 21

Zayn slammed his palm against his wooden headboard as Harry changed the speed of his strokes, going impossibly slow now compared to just seconds ago when he was pounding into Zayn.

"My - God - Fuck, I -" Zayn barely breathed out.

As fit and healthy as Zayn was, his arms were starting to give out as the pleasure ran throughout his body and he let his face fall into the soft pillows below him.

Harry placed his palm on Zayn's lower back and ran it along his spine, up his neck and into his hair, giving him a soft tug.

"I'm gonna cum." Zayn warned in a weak voice.

"Stroke yourself." Harry instructed, ignoring Zayn's comment and Zayn groaned tiredly in reply. "Do it." Harry spoke through gritted teeth and gave Zayn's hair another tug.

Zayn propped himself back up on one arm as he reached between his legs to stroke his length at the speed that Harry was going.

He marvelled at the arm that he saw, the tattoos that littered his skin. Harry wondered what they all meant to Zayn - if they held any meaning at all.

Zayn's loud grunt broke Harry out of his thoughts. His thighs quivered and shook until he finally lost full control of his body, falling face down onto the bed.

"Sorry." He panted.

"For?" Harry asked, slightly amused.

"You didn't cum." Zayn sluggishly rolled onto his side and then onto his back so that he could look up at Harry's wild green eyes.

"That's alright." Harry said in a sultry tone and let his body lower onto Zayn's, his still hard dick brushing against Zayn's now softening flesh. "Today was all about you."

Zayn grinned with his his eyes closed and nipped at Harry's plump bottom lip before he reached down and tugged onto Harry's dick, making him growl.

"Are you up for round two?"

"Are you?" Harry laughed and asked, making Zayn give him a gentle squeeze and hooked his legs around Harry's hips. He guided Harry back inside of him and ran his fingertips down Harry's back.

"Does that answer your question?" He asked, quite content now that Harry had filled him again. "Go harder this time." And Harry didn't need to be told twice.

***

Gemma: hey baby brother, long time no chat 😛

Harry: just enjoying time off 😎

Gemma: I bet you are.

Wait, what?

Gemma: anywayyyy, when are you coming home?

Harry: uhm, the 15th?

Gemma: what??? I thought you'd be here tomorrow - the 1st :(

Harry was supposed to be home by the first of December, but Zayn was only heading back to Bradford on the 15th, and so he wanted to spend as much time with him.

Harry: sorry Gem :( I'm just enjoying my freedom

Gemma: yea yea. Chat later

Harry laid down on Zayn's lap and sent another 'sorry' to Gemma before deciding to end the conversation. He hated not being able to just come out and tell his sister the reason for his extended stay, but he found himself being more loyal to Zayn and kept his word of not telling anyone about their relationship.

"Zayn?"

"Mm?"

"You okay?"

Zayn was currently looking at the TV in Harry's apartment but not paying attention to anything on screen.

"Yea. I donno. Liam's just been a bit off with me."

Zayn wanted to blame the outcome of the soccer scouts decision to not recruit him, but he couldn't help but wonder - and worry - if there was something more to it.

"Off how?" Harry asked.

"Just the way he talks - or lack there of. I don't know. I don't want our friendship to get fucked because I made it and he didn't."

"He's not like that. Just give him some space, yea?" Harry tried to sooth. "He's your best friend, Zayn. Nothing's gonna change that."

Zayn took a deep breath in and leaned his head against the backrest of the couch. "You're right." He said running a hand through Harry's hair. "As always."

"Not always." Harry chuckled and let his eyes slowly shut, enjoying the feel of Zayn's long fingers combing through his hair.

"Always." Zayn looked down at Harry, smiling softly.

***

Two weeks of bliss had come and gone and now the time had come for Zayn and Harry to temporarily part ways.

Harry pulled over his thick grey knit baggy turtle neck sweater and went to stand on their mini patio that was outside their lounge.

He stared at the untouched snow on the ground, admired the way it fell and sat. A perfect white blanket with slopes and dips here and there. Come to think of it, when he really looked at it like this, at night and with the street and neighbouring building lights shining down on it, it looked like God had mixed in silver glitter before it had been sent down to earth.

How could something so beautiful; so perfect and flawless, be so dangerous and cold to anyone or anything that stayed in it for too long.

"What are you doing out here?" Zayn whispered and nipped at the top of Harry's ear. He wrapped his arm around Harry's waist ans Harry leaned back into his body.

"Thinking." He sighed.

"About me?" Zayn teased, making Harry chuckle.

"A bit."

Louis had gone back to Doncaster last week and Zayn had practically moved in.

"What's happening with us, Zayn?" Harry finally asked, wanting to know what exactly this relationship was turning into.

Zayn's body stiffened and he moved from behind Harry to stand next to him.

"I don't know."

Harry fought the urge to roll his eyes and instead broke eye contact with Zayn to look at the snow again.

"Hey," Zayn cupped his face. "Just...let me have some time to think...speak to my family and sort my head out.. I like you, Harry, I really do." He whispered the last part more to himself than to Harry.

"Yea, well I like you too." Harry said stubbornly, sounding like a child who had just been denied their favourite toy at the store.

"I'll keep in touch during the break. Promise." Zayn nodded and Harry looked at him. He didn't reply - couldn't really, so instead leaned in to gently press his lips to Zayn's.