chapter 30

The next morning Harry was straddling Zayn on his bed, aiming his point and shoot camera at Zayn, who gave him a cheesy grin. "You're adorable." Harry laughed, after he's taken the picture of Zayn.

Zayn stroked Harry's hip and smiled back at him. "Don't let anyone see those." He whispered.

"Don't worry, I won't." Harry assured him and went through the pictures he's already taken of Zayn. He was subconsciously gently scratching at Zayn's sternum and the act causes Zayn to breakout in goosebumps. Harry noticed this and got his camera ready again. The picture captured Zayn's skin and only his skin, none of his tattoos are in sight. Harry thought that it was beautiful. The colour reminded him of beach sand. 

He loves the beach, especially when it's near to being deserted as soon as dawn breaks. He loves getting his feet wet and then slowly submerging his entire body into the ocean, letting it completely envelope him.

"You're beautiful."

"I know." Zayn smiled up at Harry who was grinning at him, expecting that answer.

Harry playfully rolled his eyes.

"You tell me that all the time it's stuck in my head." Zayn said and Harry bit his lip.

"Well, because I want you to know that you are... You're so great, not in just what you look like, but how you are - who you are." And Harry didn't want Zayn to think that his mental illness defined who he was as a person because that was not the case. Harry placed his palm flat on Zayn's chest only to have Zayn pick it up so that he could kiss Harry's knuckles.

"Can I take one of us?" Harry asked.

"Yea." Zayn whispered back with a nod and Harry laid down on his chest.

"Smile. Big smile. No glum bum."

"Take the picture!" Zayn squeezed Harry's side lovingly, making him jolt upright with a giggle.

"Okay.. one... two... three."

Harry turned the camera around to see their picture and laughed. He had his hand under Zayn's chin and had an easy grin on his face. Zayn on the other hand was smiling so wide it looked like his face would split. His eyes were screwed shut and the bridge of his nose slightly wrinkled, but what a megawatt smile. Harry loved it.

"Goof ball."

"You said to smile big?" Zayn smirked.

Harry, satisfied with their picture, put his camera down and laid back on Zayn. He kissed his chest, taking his time to touch as much of the soft, warm brown skin that he could. He took Zayn's nipple into his mouth and heard Zayn's breath hitch. Harry chuckled and moved back up, settling on the patch of skin on his collarbone bone that hadn't been inked.

"You're such a Friday." Harry smiled against Zayn's chest and kissed his clavicle once again.

Zayn stayed silent and let the wheels in his head turn.

A Friday? Is that some kind of new slang? Ugh, I feel old now.

"What's that mean?" Zayn whispered so softly, for fear of feeling stupid, that Harry barely heard him.

"Hmm?" Harry hummed and kept his head pressed against Zayn's chest, enjoying the rhythmic beating of his calm heart.

"What does that mean, I'm a 'Friday'?"

"... I look forward to seeing you. I never used to before, but now I can't wait until you come around... like a Friday."

Zayn laughed at Harry's effortless answer.

"Ouch." He chuckled.

Harry grinned and looked up at Zayn, now resting his chin on his chest. "We didn't have the best start to a relationship." Harry smiled and Zayn smiled back in agreement. "...It just sort of reminded me of when I first started uni." Harry's deep voice is slower and calmer now, setting Zayn at ease. "When I first started, it was daunting and I was nervous about getting out and meeting new people... but then as I came out of my shell and got used to seeing more, I liked it. I couldn't wait for Friday to come around, to just take a break from the books and feel alive. Meeting you, getting to know you, it made me feel like that again."

Harry sat up and straddled Zayn before he looked down at him.

"I'm a Friday." Zayn smirked and massaged Harry's hip bones.

Harry leaned to the side and Zayn thought that he was about to get off, but he reached over to his bedside table to grab a pen. "Friday." Harry whispered as he started writing on Zayn.

'My Friday. Love Harry.'

"What have you gone and drawn on me now, Harry?"

"Check later." Harry teased.

If Zayn could stay in this moment forever he would. He had never felt so content. With his arm draped comfortably around Harry's shoulder he felt like he had everything he needed.

"By the way," Harry whispered. "I passed all of my exams."

"What?" Zayn sat up and brought Harry along with him, peppering his face with kisses. "That's so - congratulations."

"Thanks, I just found out the other day." Harry laughed and spoke in between kisses.

"When's graduation?" Zayn asked once he finally let go of Harry's face.

"I don't know. They haven't given us a date yet... you can come if you want?"

Harry looked so hopeful. He would love for Zayn to meet his family especially at such am important event.

"Let me know when it is, okay? Don't forget." Zayn whispered against his lips and kissed him sweetly.

I won't, I promise. God, Zayn, I love you.