chapter 41

Harry was sitting on the bonnet/hood of his car right outside Zayn's apartment building in full view for everyone to see. His leg bounced nervously as he waited for Zayn to finally show up. Minutes later, he had driven right past Harry, not registering whose car that was until he drove past and slammed on the brakes. He parked his car haphazardly in whatever free space he found and got out of it, slamming the door.

Harry tilted his head up, just enough to look at Zayn who was power walking towards him.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Zayn asked him. There was no malice or anger in his voice, but he was on edge.

"Oh, you know who I am? Nice. Good."

"Excuse me?" Zayn placed his hands on his hips while Harry stayed in place on his car, his hands balled up in fists in his jacket pockets.

"What is it then? Forgot how to use a phone? Schedule too busy? Because I thought you took a soccer ball to the fucking head and got amnesia."

"Christ sake, Harry -"

"No, Zayn! Don't fucking try. Are you just cutting me out of your life like this?! Literally acting like you don't know who I am? Huh?!"

"Lower your voi-"

"FUCK IF I WILL." Harry jumped off the car and stood opposite Zayn. "WHAT?! Scared that someone will find out about us?" He yelled and threw his arms up.

Right now passerby's didn't care too much about Zayn and Harry's argument and, Harry had not been vindictive enough to even think about outing him like that, but he was mad. He was furious.

"I don't have time, Harry. You're acting a fool."

Harry laughed at that. "Oh, yea. Sure I am."

"You know what, it's good." Zayn frowned.

"Is it??" Harry asked, faux excited.

"Yea. It's nice to actually see you get some other kind of emotion up in you other than -"

"Up IN ME? UP IN ME?? You fuck, you were in my veins!" Harry walked around in a small circle, trying to get back to his cool and calm self. "The last time we had spoken properly, you said that you wanted to be alone for awhile. Is it still awhile?"

Zayn shrugged which angered Harry even more.

"You don't know? Okay. Was it me saying 'I love you', huh? Did it scare you on top of everything else that was going on? I'm not sorry for it. It's the truth and it still is." And that's why Harry was so upset. Zayn had shut him out in the cold like an old dog that no longer performed tricks or was seen as adorable, yet Harry's heart still had a massive place reserved just for Zayn in it. He wanted to hate him but he just couldn't.

"... I've just...moved on already ...I'm sorry, mate."

Mate.

Harry stood, a bit dumbfounded.

"Gi and I patched things up again so,"

"What?" Harry took a step back from Zayn.

"... We're going out tonight so ...I better go and get ready. Uhm, good luck with everything, yea?"

Harry couldn't speak. He couldn't understand. He just stood there as Zayn slowly backed away.

"Fuck you!" Harry said to no one in particular because by the time he had snapped out of his daze, Zayn had hopped back into his car and driven to the underground parking.

*

Zayn watched the water glide off of his body. He had been doing so for about the past half hour -

Half hour, shit.

His date.

"Uhm, hey, sorry, I'm coming. I - promise." Zayn spoke into his phone and tried to simultaneously dry and dress himself. "I'm nearly done, okay? Don't leave. Sorry, babe."

*

Thankfully, GiGi was not upset, even better for Zayn. He gazed at her from across the table and bit his lip anxiously. He her lips move but did not hear a word of what she was saying. "Marry me?" He blurted and GiGi stopped, her eyes wide with confusion.

"Wha-"

"Marry me." Zayn repeated and she leaped out of her chair, pulling on his hand so that he stood too.

"Yes! Yesyesyes, a million times yes!"

***

"He called me 'mate'. Mate. Like a fucking lad. Like what we had was nothing...and he just went back to ex so fast..."

"Oh God, Hazza. Look, I'm sorry." Gemma got up and went over to where Harry was sitting to give him a comforting cuddle. "Listen, I know it sucks..and it's going to hurt for a while..but you're going to meet other people, thus isn't the end of things."

Harry bit his lip and stared off into space. Gemma was about to ask him if he had heard a word that she had said but he took in a breath and was about to speak.

"You think that tattoo he got was like..a jinx? It jinxed our relationship? ... I mean I though that he was okay with everything and I ... I thought I helped him out ..?"

"It's not like he got your name on him, babe... And it's not like you were meant to fix him, Haz. Only he knows how to help himself."

"Might as well have. Was in my handwriting..he just traced over it." Harry said and chose to nit reply to the second half of the sentence.

Gemma looked at her brother with strained features. There's no way she, or anyone would get through to him about Zayn right now.. But she could try and make him feel better the best way she knew how, so she got out her phone and called someone. "Sarah? Hi, listen, my brother is coming in tomorrow -"

Harry's head shot towards her. "What are you doing, stop it!" Harry whispered furiously but Gemma stuck out her long leg to shove him away from her.

"For a full day with you guys, whatever he wants. Yes, just put it all on my name. Alright. Harry, yea, that's it. Okay, cheers!"

"I can't believe you." Harry fussed like a child.

"Oh shut up. A nice spa day will do you some good."

"This is bullshit."

***

This is heaven.

Harry laid on his stomach in the warm spa room currently getting a full body Swedish massage. Gemma was so right about this. This is what he needed, seeing as he had never had a massage before. When his masseuse got to his feet, pressing on his sole, his body betrayed him and let out a loud laugh."Oh God, I'm so sorry." He said lifting his head up from the hole in the table.

The woman smiled and shook her head reassuringly. "It's alright to laugh."

Harry smiled to himself and put his head back down, she was right. It was alright to laugh.