Chapter 18

Axel P.O.V

Makenzie instantly grabbed my shirt and buried her head in my chest sobbing. I looked up at Micah across the room who was just shaking his head.

"Can you believe her," Makenzie sobbed as she released my shirt. I didn't bother comforting her. I just pushed her back a little and held her by the side of her arms causing her to look up at me.

"Look, you're fine. Sky didn't mean no harm. I know what she did was wrong but you can't-"

Makenzie pushed my arms off her and scoffed with disgusted. "I almost died and here you are defending her. I can't believe you," her voice became high pitch as she screamed, "She tried to killed me. She's lucky I held back and didn't punch her" she bolted her hands into fist.

Sure. You "held" back. This woman has no idea how lucky she is Sky hasn't killed her.

Micah snickered and I looked at him to see he was also thinking the same thing.

Makenzie whipped around and glared at Micah, "What are you still doing her? Get out!" she demanded pointing to the door. "Makenzie, this is his room" I huffed, "Look, just go back to our room and get some rest. You've had a long day. I'll be there in a few. I just need to talk to Micah for a few" I stated.

She rolled her eyes and walked to the door, "Whatever. I'm going for a drink so don't expect to see me any time soon," she scoffed before slamming the door shut behind her.

"The girl is pretty but has one disgusting attitude" Micah commented and I couldn't have agreed more.

"Alright, now that she's gone, Sky's getting worse. Her anger is eating her up and she doesn't even notice. Did you feel the amount of anger she had," I asked in shocked.

Micah nodded his head, "It's crazy. We've been alive for centuries and never in my life have I seen or felt something like this. I honestly don't know how she can be this angry," he admitted.

I let out a sigh, "I do. Honestly, she's been through a lot. Not just with Lucifer but with everything. It's not my place to tell you her story but she's been through hell on Earth when she was a human. From being kidnap to drugged then constant nightmares. Sky is strong but there's just so much someone can go through. Her conscience is at its freest right now" I explained.

"Sounds like she really has been through a lot but this still gets us nowhere. How are we supposed to get her to be herself again" he asked.

"She has to accept what happened to her. Somewhere deep down, she really hasn't accept it. She's mad at everything that has happened to her. Micah, when I saw Sky choking Makenzie...I felt what she was feeling" I slowly spoke.

Micah's eyebrow rose, "What was she feeling," he asked concerned.

"Satisfied. She loved the feeling. She's slipping away. The once happy girl is slipping away. We need to help her somehow," I sighed.

Micah's face dropped at my words. He couldn't feel what she felt like I did because he was still considered an angel in Heaven. "We need to tell Lucifer. He dealt with this himself before" Micah stated.

I shook my head, "Not yet. We have to see where this is all going. Just keep a close eye on her."

He nodded his head, "I'll try to look into this and see what I can find," he spoke, as I walked to the door.

I turned back and gave him a small smile, "It's nice to see you and Lu getting along again," I admitted.

The corner of his lip twitched up, "Oddly, me to." With that, we just nodded to each other and I walked out closing the door behind me.