Chapter 38 (Rewrite starts here)

I watched intensely as Nate had whispered something to the waitress. She just nodded and walked off. I tried to use my powers to hear what he was saying but it was just blocked out. I looked at Nate then at Seth who were both just staring at me.

We had finish ate breakfast about 10 minutes ago and they told the waiter it was my birthday so they got me a strawberry pancake with candles on it. Right now, I'm ready to just leave but I'm not allowed to leave until Nate or Seth pays for the breakfast since I can't and if I can't pay, that means I can't get the next note. Lucifer has really thought this out.

"Why are we still here?" I whined already bored out of my mind.

Nate and Seth casually leaned back in their seat. Someone a bunch of people started to clap and I looked up to see a bunch of waitresses were coming my way. One of them had a cake with a candle on it.

I let out a groan, "Not again!"

Seth and Nate burst out laughing and I sent them death glares only for them to laugh more. The people sang happy birthday, I blew out the candle and they cheered before walking away.

Nate's phone rang and he quickly picked it up. "Hello...Yes...Okay...Bye," he hung up and got out off the booth only for Seth to follow him behind.

"Come on," Nate shouted over his shoulders. I quickly got out my booth and trailed behind them. Nate walked up to the front and spoke to the lady who then pulled out an envelope and handed it to him. Nate thanked her and paid before walking out the restaurant.

We got into the car and this time Seth was driving us to who knows where. Nate passed me the envelope and I quickly took it before opening it.

I hope you had a lovely breakfast. Again, I am sorry I couldn't be there with you. I know Nate and Seth probably kept you there long. Everything has to go with timing. You should be on your way home by now. Your next note will come to you around 2pm. I can't wait to see you late. I love you and hope you enjoy your day.

~ Lucifer

I looked at the time on my phone to see it was 12:30pm. We had killed so much time in iHop it was ridiculous. We finally arrived back home. I got out the car along with Seth and Nate. We made our way up to the house and I pushed open the door only to be startled.

"SURPRISE!!!" everyone screamed. I looked around the room to see all the guys along with their wife's and even Jayson was here.

"Before you kill us, we told Lucifer that you hate celebrating your birthday but he said and I quote, 'I don't care. She's going to have the time of her life and it will go according as planned'," James quoted him.

I nodded in understanding and hugged everyone as they greeted me. I honestly hate celebrating my birthday and all the guys know very well not to get me anything. As long as I have them, I'm fine.

Music started to blast through the house and everyone started to drink and jam out to the music. Jay and I decided to catch up on things since we haven't seen each other in so long. Time seem to have passed by quickly because 2pm came very fast.

The doorbell rang at exactly 2:00 pm on the dot and I ran to open the door. A bunch of people came in carrying trays of food. I looked around to see it about 15 trays of food. Who in the world needs this much food?! I mean I love food and all but Seth and Nate made me eat so much for breakfast.

"Ma'am," a guy spoke in front me. I turned to see him passing me a huge bouquet of flowers along with a red envelope. I thanked him before taking it from him. After the servers had finish setting up the food they just left without a word. I placed the flowers on the bar counter and opened the letter.