Chapter 25

It was now nighttime and I was currently laying on my bed letting Stephen's story sink in. Mom and dad including him decided that in order to keep us both safe, he would grow up separated from me so if anything were to happen to them, he would be alive and well enough to look after me.

Obviously something did happen and he did not look after me.

His excuse was that the guys were raising me perfectly fine. I almost punched him for that. The reason he never came back was because he wanted me safe and unharmed. When he said unharmed I literally burst out laughing. He just rolled his eyes and continued. He said he to worked in the organization and had his own business. He told me how some people were always after him because of some mission he did in the past or whatever. He didn't say much to be honest. That's probably about it.

Our conversation picked up nearly 4 hours and it felt like I knew nothing of why he really didn't return for me. I call bullshit on all of it but I just shrugged and hugged him. I mean I didn't have a choice on hugging him. The guy literally tackled me with a hug when we were done. After that, we talked some more over dinner.

It turns out that he also has a mansion and a bunch of sports cars like the guys and I but he doesn't have a gang. He's mostly a solo type of guy when it comes to missions. He also went to college and got a degree in business.

"So how did it go?" a familiar voice entered the room.

I rolled my eyes not bothering to acknowledge the person. He let out and sigh and within a blink I was staring up at him.

"You're blocking my sunlight," I mumbled.

It was him who rolled his eyes this time. "We're inside your room," he glared.

"No shit. Now get out!" I demanded still laying down.

He shook his head and chuckled, "Well, I'll let you get your sleep. I'll see you tomorrow and don't try some stupid shit," his vice faded as he walked out the room and closed my door behind him.

I sat up and looked at the door for a few seconds waiting to see if it would open again. I slipped out of bed and turned off my lights before running into the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and turned the light on. I paced in front the mirror getting ready to go through with my plan.

I'm just going to kill myself, flash by Crystal, bring her here and have her help me before the pain struck. I stopped pacing and stood in front the mirror.

"Okay, I got this," I mumbled to myself holding my chin with one hand and the back of my shoulder with the other. Within one swift motion, I found myself screaming in pain.

I looked around to see I was in hell. Though the time may seem longer in hell, I don't have long before I could flash out. Pain struck through my body and my fist tightened. I focused on the shop and after what seem like months, I opened my eyes to see I was in the shop. It was the same way I saw it when I first came.

I quickly looked around and saw Crystal all the way in the back of the room. She hadn't notice I flashed in. I felt myself being pulled back to the house which meant I was going to be hit with pain in a few second. I ran to her and grabbed her hand causing her to scream in fright. I focused and found us inside my bathroom.

I covered her mouth as she was still scream. "Crystal, it's me Skylar," I whispered behind her causing her to stop screaming. I released her and she turned around and a smile grew on her face.

"Skylar, it's been so long. How are you? Wait, why am I here and -"

"Look, I need a favor," I cut her off.