Chapter 40

I quickly flew towards the car and teleported myself so I was standing in the middle of the road. I quickly formed force field around myself as the car was just 5 feet away. As the car hit the force field with speed, it crashed into the force field and flipped over in the air before it landed on the other side of my upset down.

Letting my force field down, I walked to the car and broke all their necks excepting the girl, Abigail's neck. I heard a soft cry come out as she tried to open the door but it was stuck. With a firm grasp, I ripped the door open and tossed it across the road. Yanking her out her seat, she started to cry more.

"Please don't kill me! Please, I'm begging you," she started to beg as tears were streaming down her face.

My grip tightened around her throat. "Why shouldn't I? You harmed my family and almost got them killed," I hissed.

She nodded her head, "I know and I'm sorry but it's not my fault. I was forced to do this. I'm not even the guy's daughter, Adonis. I swear, please believe me," she begged.

I looked into her eyes and saw nothing but fear. Focusing on her, I read her mind. My eyes then widened as I saw she was telling the truth. I gentle let go of her neck and she quickly tackled me with a hug as she continued to cry.

"I'm sorry, I didn't have a choice," she cried.

I found myself hugging her back as I felt the emotions she was going through. "Who put you up to this?" I asked in a soft voice.

She pulled away and shook her head. "I don't know. He gave me no name or address. He just showed me his back eyes and said he was a demon. He threatened to kill my family and everyone I loved if I didn't do this. He also told me who you were and how you were evil and you're working with the Devil himself. He obviously didn't like you. I followed you around for 5 days and saw you with your guys and Lucifer I think. I honestly didn't know you guys were together. As I followed you around I saw how innocent you were. I confronted him about it but it just made him angry," she quickly rushed out.

"He's a Demon? I don't know anyone who would go against him," I responded a bit shock. I really don't even know anyone who has the nerve to go against him. The last person I knew who went against is was Godric but I haven't seen or take to him after we made peace which was 5 years ago.

"I don't have much time. He's going to find me. I managed to take a picture of him," she quickly stated as she pulled out her phone from her pocket.

My eyebrow rose, "Much time? What do you mean?"

She then held the phone up to me and I looked to see a picture of a guy with brown eyes and brown hair. It was a bit blurry but it was still visible to see his features. She then took her phone back and started to breath heavily as if she was having a panic attack.

"He knows. He knows I've told you the truth. He's an illusionist. It's to late for me. I'm dead," she started to scream as she began to cry again.

I held her by the shoulder and shook my head, "You're not going to die. How does-"

"No, you don't understand. I was suppose to reach to the other town by now to confirm everything. He's going to-"

Before she could finish, a soft gunshot went off. She let out a gasp as her eyes slowly trailed down to her chest. I looked down to see she had been shot in the chest. I quickly looked around to see a guy a mile away dressed in black with a sniper rifle in his hand. He gave me a smirk before vanishing. He didn't look like the guy from the picture Abigail showed me.

A hand grabbed me and I looked to see she was now slowly falling to the floor. I grabbed her hand and gently laid her on the floor.

"I don't want to die. I'm not ready," she cried as she began to bleed more. I held her hand and looked at the bullet wound to see it was just right above her heart and I could hear her heat beat slowing down. She wasn't going to make it.