Chapter 51

Song: Bishop Briggs - Dream

Lucifer had now finished stitched me up and I was now saying goodbye to the guys again. "You know, we can drop the mission if -"

I shook my head, "No, it's alright," I insisted cutting James off. He gave me a hug before kissing my forehead. "Just be careful," he whispered. I nodded my head and looked over to Lucifer who was still anger at what these girls had done.

"Come on, cheer up," I poked his stomach but he didn't squirm. "How can I? Look at what they did to you," he shrieked.

I rolled my eyes and wrapped him in a hug. He stayed stiff for a moment before letting out a sigh as he hugged me. "Please don't let that happen again," he pleaded.

"Yeah, yeah," I replied as we pulled away from the hug. "We will train when you're better. Rest -"

"No, I'm good. We'll train tonight," I smiled. He opened his mouth to protest but I cut him off, "Please," I begged.

He let out another sigh and nodded. "Fine. I'll see you later then," he planted a kiss on my lips to which I returned. I flashed back into my room and let out a heavy sigh. Some part of me just wanted to die already but I can't just leave everyone here. I needed to finish this mission and make sure keep my family safe when this Hell war breaks loose.

I looked over at my phone to see the time was almost 9 in the evening already. I walked around my room and saw a trail of my blood had dried up on the floor. Rolling my eyes, I ripped my shirt off me and got into a clean shirt before throwing the old one in the trash. I walked into the bathroom and took a towel before soaking it. I looked around and grabbed the empty trash bin and filled it with water before starting to clean up the trail. When I finished my room, I made my way downstairs before cleaning up the rest of the trail. Laughter echoed through the house which came from the kitchen. I quickly cleaned up the blood before going back to my room.

I washed the towel and bin before placing it back along with throwing the towel in the trash. I got out my clothes and hopped in the shower. The water turned ice cold but it didn't bother me. I don't know if this was part of having ice powers but I was starting to like it. I let the ice cold water run down my back causing the pain to turn numb. I reached behind and touched my back trying to force my ice powers to numb my back even more. I found my back freezing over, radiating ice cold breeze.

After showering, I dried myself and hopped into some warm clothes. Regular shirt and jeans with a hoodie. A knock came at my door and I walked over to open it only to reveal Ginger. I rolled my eyes as she glared back at me. "What do you want?" I hissed.

"There's a guy downstairs asking for you," she hissed back as she walked away. I closed the door behind me and trailed behind her, down the stairs only to see it was Henry with a black duffel bag. He gave me a soft smile as I walked up to him. He dropped the bag and wrap me into a hug. I hissed a bit as his hand touched my back. He seemed to noticed because he pulled away with a sad smile.

"We need to talk," he spoke in a firm tone. I nodded my head, "Let's go to my room," I mumbled turning on my heels.

As I was heading back up the stairs, I saw some of the girls glaring at me and some in disgusted. I rolled my eyes and walked into my room. Henry walked in and closed the door behind him. He then walked over to the couch that was in the room and placed the bag on the table that was in front the couch.

"James called and told me what happened. I want you to drop the mission. It's not worth it," he spoke in a firm tone. I shook my head as I stood in front him. "No, I said I would do this and before you try to talk me out, I promised Spencer I would catch his boss and give him guardianship over his sister. If I don't do this I feel like I'm letting him down and her... and you," I added.