Chapter 39

Taylor POV

My eyes flutter open and I look at a fuzzy Eleanor.

"What..... What happened?" I ask.

"Look." I look over to where she is pointing and remember.

"Why..... why are you here?" I say shakily.

"Please. I'm sorry ok? I-I know that won't mean much but it's true. But it's about the twins." the twins. Eric didn't bring them back when I was brought back.

"What about them?"

"They- they died. We tried our best but nothing seemed to work. I'm sorry Taylor."

"Eric. I just want to know one thing. Why did you do what you did?"

He stays quiet for a moment before saying, "I can't really put it to words. When we started dating, I knew I was falling for you. That scared me because you could leave me for someone better at any moment. I thought if I did what I did you would stay with me. But when you didn't, I had no idea what to do. Taylor, I realize my mistakes now and wish I could take back everything I ever did to you. I know you can never love me again or at least, we can't be together again. I hope you and Niall are happy together." El and I exchange shocked looks and nod.

"Eric, I-I want to be friends but that's the best I can do. I love Harry. I just wish you had told me how you felt instead of what you did."

"I know and I'm sorry. But I'm confused, you said Harry?"

"Yeah, it's weird. Promise I can trust you?" He nods eagerly and I smile slightly.

"Ok. Here I go...."

"So now you're dating Niall in public but you're actually dating Harry in private?" I nod. "Wow. I'm sorry management is making you fake date Niall."

"Yeah. I hate it because El and Louis can say goodbye at airports and kiss and hug and hold hands in public but Harry and I can't do that. Come on. You can stay in the guest bedroom. It's upstairs to the right." I say. He nods and heads up there.

I sigh and fall back onto the couch next to El.

"Do you believe him?"

"Yeah. I do. The twins..... I feel terrible." I say.

"How do you know he isn't lying?"

"Everyone deserves a second chance." I say simply.

"Taylor, we are going shopping." Eric says.

"Why?"

"Because I owe you. Now, grab you purse or whatever and lets go."

"But-"

"Butts are for sitting. I have plenty of money. My..... my grandparents died and left me all their money." he says the last part quietly.

"Eric! I'm so sorry." He was raised by his grandparents because his parents were killed in a car crash. His parents left him a small fortune and his grandparents are-were loaded. I run upstairs to grab my purse and tell El we are going shopping.

We arrive at the mall and El drags me into Forever 21. "This is so adorable! Taylor, I'm gonna try this on ok?"

"Yeah. I'm gonna look around." Eric and I walk around while El tries on some dresses and shirts she found.

"Taylor, what about this shirt?" I spin around to see Eric holding up this really cute shirt.

"This is amazing! How'd you....."

"I remember remember your style." he says simply. I smile and grab some more shirts and head to the dressing room.

"I'm pooped." I say.