Chapter 3: Meeting People

Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

Owl and I woke up to... silence. There's no yelling for us - the slaves - to get up, no yells of the innocent people who are being pickpocketed, no orders from the bandit leader. It's peaceful, and a bit unsettling; like the bandit leader is just going to climb in through the window and knock us out cold. I sighed.

Suddenly, the door opened. In came a grey-haired elf with blue eyes. "Morning ladies! I hope you don't mind, but Lord Levin sent me to take care of you. I checked for injuries and there were none. It did seem that it doesn't seem you get enough to eat, though. So, I brought you some pumpkin pie!" The elf says as she hands me and Owl the pie. "Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Zoey. Zoey Taltatheil." She smiled warmly at us.

I gave a small smile back and took a bite of the pumpkin pie. It was delicious! "Mmm... thank you so much, Zoey," I said as I bit into the pie again. Owl bit into it as well, hesitantly, but soon started eating it like a wolf would eat it's prey.

"Hehe! I'm glad you girls are enjoying it! Now, Lord Levin wants to know, will you be staying here, or will you be leaving?" Zoey asked.

"Well... we really don't have anywhere else to go...." I explained.

Zoey claps her hands in delight. "Excellent! You cannot stay in this house because it's the boys' house... but you can stay in the tree house! I'll set up your new beds there. Then, I guess Kyle will show you around!" Zoey then turn and leaves the room, shutting the door behind her.

Owl smiled a little bit. "She seems... nice."

I shook my head. "A little bit too nice.... but whatever. She gave us food, at least that's good."

Owl looked down at the pie. "Y/n, what if the food is poisoned?" She asked.

I responded, "We've seen poisoned food tons of times. We've even tried to make it for the bandits, remember? Poisoned food usually has this green tint to it. This is regular pumpkin pie, sis."

"A-alright... I trust you." Owl then kept on eating until she was finished.

I later got out of bed. Owl and I were still in our slave outfits but we were comfy with them on. At least, I was. Owl got out of bed too and looked out the window. I looked out the window with her. The sun hadn't come out yet, so nobody was up except Kyle, who was guarding. The town was illuminated by lamposts so I could see the gates and the wall clearly. There were a few trees and a water well in the middle of the village. Around that were houses, but not many. I looked over and saw a gigantic tree, with a platform that's fenced off on top of it.

That must be the tree house where we're sleeping.

"This is a small town," Owl comments.

"It is small but it's cozy here and fine for us Phoenix Dropians," I hear a voice from behind us. I look and I see Malachi... or was it Levin...? "Zoey tells me you're going to be staying. Levin is busy and Kyle is guarding the gates so I'm going to be showing you around. Follow me," He says as he opens the door.

Owl looks at me for permission. She never has her own opinion on things. She asks people what to do and what their opinions are, and she listens to them even if they're wrong. It's been like that even before the slavery. I nod at her and we follow Malachi.