Chapter 19: Exploration

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

We arrived at an island. It had two very, VERY tall mountains beside each other, one on the east side and one on the west. That was about it. It was a pretty small island, so small I could see the other side just by looking at the space between the two mountains.

I was sitting alone with my thoughts while the others talked about the island. I was kind of eavesdropping, hehe... Apparently, Travis' book says where the island we're looking for is. This island is not the one. The book just altered the currents of the ocean to bring us to this mountain island. How can an inanimate object change the currents of the ocean without us knowing? By using magicks I guess. I don't really know much about magicks, all I know is that it's otherworldly and can change things that weren't supposed to be changed. Anyways, back to Travis, Lucinda, and Aphmau's conversation. That's the conversation I was listening to.

So, Travis asked for time to himself so he could control the book in private. He left and Aphmau suggested that we explore. Katelyn - who came out of nowhere - agreed. The girl's eventually just jumped off the boat into the water. Well, Katelyn and Aphmau. Lucinda said that "Witches and water don't go together".

Finally, Aphmau asked Lucinda to ask people if they wanted to come along with us. I walk up to them. "I would like to go exploring! Could I come with you?" I ask.

Aphmau nods. "Of course, Y/n!" She responds. Lucinda then walked off to tell the others.

"Hey, Y/n! Come in, the water's great!" Katelyn exclaims.

I shrug my shoulders. "Sure!" I then jump off the boat into the water. (R.I.P. those who can't swim :( I can't, so I'm glad Owl didn't come along with them!)

Katelyn, Aphmau, and I then start splashing water with each other. This was the first time I had fun with these girls since I've met them!

I could tell we were all going to be great friends.

~

Time had skipped and Katelyn, Aphmau, and I had made plans after we cleaned up. We had learned that the boys Aaron, Laurance, and Vylad were going to be coming with us from Lucinda. Chad wanted to come as well... but Katelyn quickly declined his offer. She hated the old man after all. That left us an even number of people. We all planned to go in even teams of three. Katelyn would lead one team, Aphmau would lead the other. Vylad and I would be on Katelyn's team since I kind of requested him and I to be together. Laurance and Aaron would be on Aph's team since she knew them better.

We all gathered together to start exploring.

"So, sets of three?" Aphmau asks.

Katelyn nods. "Sounds good to me."

"Huh?" Laurance asks, confused.

"Katelyn and I are going to lead two even teams to each mountain's side," Aphmau explains, answering his question.

Laurance raises an eyebrow. "You already made plans?"

Aphmau hums, nodding. "Yep! Katelyn will be the leader of team one and I will be leading team two," She responds.

"We're just exploring until sunset, then we meet back here," Katelyn continues.

"That's the idea!" Aphmau finishes.