Chapter 41: Unbelievable

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

It's been about two days since that day with Laurance, and we haven't seen him since. Vylad says he's been closing himself off, and I'm a little worried, but I know if we interact again problems will arise. Thankfully, I heard that today Laurance's sister, Cadenza is visiting. Aphmau requested her. I hope everything turns out well now.

Anyways, enough about Laurance. Currently, Vylad and I are helping Phoenix Alliance Village a little more by building houses. Aaron and his wonderful architecture skills are gone now, but we can't just leave the island how it is. So, Vylad, myself, and a few other villagers volunteered to help with the expansion our new home while Aphmau and the others are focusing on the situation in O'khasis.

O'khasis... I hope Vylad and I's families are alright there...

"Care for a cake break?" Vylad asks, walking into the room I'm in with two plates of cake in hand.

I smile, nodding. "Yes, please. We've been working all morning..." I groan, putting my hammer down on a nearby table. Vylad and I then sit down on the wooden floor of the new house we're building.

My boyfriend hands me my plate and says, "Bon Appetit~!" Then he digs in. I do the same. "So, foo du you fink fis doughing two iv teer?" Vylad asks, his mouth stuffed with cake.

"... what?" I ask, staring blankly.

He swallows, smiling. "I said, "Who do you think is going to live here?" You know after we're done with the place?"

I shrug. "Anyone who wants to."

"I was thinking we could live here after we've traveled the world and make this our new home," Vylad states.

"I'd like that," I reply. "Speaking of home... Vylad, I've been thinking about O'khasis. I'm worried about my parents and your parents, and everybody else there."

He sighs. "I know. That's one of the big reasons I haven't been putting any of my plans into action. I want O'khasis' situation to be settled first. There's no use dwelling on love and bliss when large problems are arising." V then grabs my hand and holds it tight. "But I promise you, when everything is alright, I'll put a beautiful diamond ring on that finger and make you mine."

Blush slowly creeps onto my cheeks at his words. Vylad gently smiles, letting go of my hand and back to devouring his piece of cake. I continue to eat as well, looking out a nearby window. I notice Cadenza and Aphmau talking. I mean, how could I not notice it, that girl has hair of fire.

They're probably talking about Laurance and Lord stuff... I wonder what being a Lord is like... I wonder what it would be like if...

I turn my head to gaze at Vylad, continuously stuffing his mouth with cake.

No. That... being a Lord wouldn't make him happy. He likes being a wanderer, independent... that's who he is. I love who he is. My little cake monster.

I smile at my thoughts. Vylad sees this, swallows the last bit of cake that's in his mouth, and smiles back. Suddenly, THUD!

My head whips to the direction of the window to see Aphmau on the ground, Cadenza and her guard attempting to wake her up. Vylad and I immediately get up and rush out the unfinished house to go help Aphmau.
~
"When do you think she'll wake up?" I ask.