Chapter 42: Finding Garroth

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

"Did you find him?" Vylad asks.

We're now both back at Phoenix Drop, near the front of Aphmau's house.

"It depends on who you're asking for. I didn't see Laurance but... I ran into Garroth. He told me he was going to save Zianna, and then he just left."

V sighs and shakes his head. "I should've expected this... we should tell Aphmau."

I nod as he quickly opens her door and walks in.

"Vylad, shouldn't you knock?" I ask, walking in with him.

"Oh, right. I apologize, Aphmau," The brunette says.

She smiles warmly in return. "It's alright. Any updates? Did you find Laurance?"

"We weren't able to find any signs of him," Vylad replies, "Garroth looks to be heading to O'khasis."

"That's odd. Why would he leave without saying anything?" Aphmau asks, pondering the situation. "Vylad. I need you to go after Garroth. Can you track him?"

"I can go too!" I volunteer.

"No," Vylad demands, staring at me for a bit then turning his gaze back to Aphmau. "I don't like this. It's risky leaving you exposed at a time like this, especially with two of your guards gone."

"I won't leave her side. If anything even gets CLOSE to her, I'll punch it into a thousand tiny pieces," Katelyn vows.

"Fine, then. I'll go find Garroth."

"With my help?" I ask, hopefully.

He shakes his head, slightly glaring at me. "I already told you no."

"But I can't let you go alone again-"

"Aphmau, could you excuse us?" Vylad asks, grabbing my hand and pulling me out. I see Aph slowly nod her head before the door closes.

My boyfriend continues to pull me away from civilization, into the woods inside the Phoenix Drop walls.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere."

Then, we get to the place: a clearing surrounded by trees with two large rocks big enough to sit on. I recognize it straight away.

This is where Vylad and I used to meet up when I didn't know who he was...

He sits me down on one rock, he sits down on the other, and he looks straight into my eyes when he starts talking.

"Remember when you first found out about O'khasis being attacked, and you wanted to go? What did I say?"

I suddenly felt a chill run down my spine at the memory. "Y-You said you would kill me..."

Vylad's serious expression soon grows soft when he realizes that I'm actually a little scared. He takes my hand and gives it a light, reassuring squeeze. "You know I'd never actually do that to you. I just said it to protect you, and myself. If you left and never came back... I would probably commit suicide. I don't want to lose you again, alright? That's why I don't want you coming to O'khasis with me. Do you understand?"