Chapter 24: Ruins

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

Right now, we're chasing after Chad once again. He had left us after yelling, "THIS IS INTRIGUING!" about something we couldn't even see. I could say he's ridiculous, but that would be an understatement.

Oh, and by the way, I still have no idea what Vylad's hug was about earlier... yet I still loved it. It was like he was apologizing because he didn't sleep with me last night, but I know that isn't the case. It had to have been something bigger.

Finally, Aphmau, Vylad, Chad, and I come out of the forest and into a field, and that's when I see a building of some kind.

"A man-made structure! Or, at least, what remains of one!" Chad exclaims, getting faster and faster the closer we get.

"What do you think that tower is...? An outpost?" Aphmau asks.

I looked up at the building. It was made of stone, but very broken down. It was also built in some sort of cylinder shape. "Looks like a guard tower, to me."

"Ah! Very good observations, ladies! You might just be right! But we're ignoring the larger question here!" Chad yells, finally standing in front of the huge building.

"Uh... which is...?" Asks Aphmau.

The crazy brunette thinks for a minute. "Ah! Well then, I suppose we aren't ignoring the larger question! Well, put! I'd expect nothing less! But here is the EVEN MORE important question!"

I roll my eyes. "And that is?"

"Why are we standing around when there's investigating to do!" Then, Chad immediately starts to study and climb the structure.

Vylad chuckles. "What happened to being careful, old man?"

"Don't be daft! There's no time for being careful! We've new things to learn!" Chad yells, already standing on a high platform of the building.

"Chad! You might fall, be careful!" Aphmau exclaims. Then, she sighs and turns towards Vylad and I. "Well, we can't let him have all the fun, now, can we?"

Aph turns back to Chad to see him looking up into the structure. That's when I realize it only looks like a tower from the outside. Inside, it's completely empty and roofless.

"Hmm... nothing more than scaffolding, really," Chad states, jumping down from the level he was on and running towards another broken down building which I didn't even see.

"Wait! Chad!" Aphmau called, struggling a bit to keep up with the energetic old man.

"Ah! What about this, then!" Chad yelled, running into the stone structure that was missing a few walls.

I sigh looking at Vylad. "What are we going to do about him?"

He shrugs. "For now, why don't we just follow him..."

I nod as we run towards where Aphmau and Chad are. We enter the building and that's when I realize there are a few rusted tools on the ground.

A rusted sword and a shovel... who would leave these here?

We find Chad and Aphmau climbing down a few old, dusty ladders, and we follow them into an empty room with a few banners hung up onto the wall. There were some more tools on the floor as well.