Chapter 17: A Bit Of Regret

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

We set sail the next morning. On that ship, I had the chance to meet Isabell; a girl Aphmau and the others met when they went to Pikoro. She was a really nice girl who knew how to cook and clean... I helped her prepare dinner for everyone. Eventually, I found out about her past and how she lived in a small settlement with her fiance who was... very mean to her. She was forced by him to cook and clean, that's how she became so good at that kind of stuff. Her fiance would push her to be better. It sounded like she was in the same situation as Owl and I, we were forced to serve the bandits. The only difference is that she was serving the one she loved, we were serving the ones we hated.

The whole day, I either hung out with Vylad or Isabell. I just talked with them the whole day as we sailed farther and farther away from Phoenix Drop. I was a bit too shy to talk to everyone else. What would we even talk about? My awkwardness?

The day passed and I went through my first night sleeping in a bed on a boat. The ship kept rocking, keeping me up while everybody else slept like a baby. I tossed and turned, trying to sleep, but I couldn't. Vylad noticed this.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" He whispered to me that night.

I turned to face him, still lying down since his bed was right next to mine. "Yeah... I just can't sleep," I replied quietly, trying not to wake anyone up.

Vylad moved over on his bed and left a big space. He patted the space. "Sleep with me, I could hold you in place so you don't feel the rocking, okay?"

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He nodded. "Of course! That's what best friends are for, right?" He smiled while I felt my heart sink.

We're just friends... That's all I'll ever be to him... A best friend...

I silently got out of my bed and I got into his. I snuggled up to him as he wrapped his arms around me. Suddenly, I felt sleepier. I closed my eyes.

At least I get one thing that other girls can't get... I get to be in his arms...

I closed my eyes and let myself sleep.

When I woke up that morning, the first thing I heard was, "EKKKKKKK! THEY'RE SO CUTE!" The screaming was from Isabell and she was screeching about me and Vylad. It woke everyone on the ship up.

Aphmau soon joined Isabell, but she wasn't yelling. She was just awwing at us.

"Aw... You guys are really cute!" She exclaimed.

Vylad laughed at Isabell while I facepalmed, blushing. I saw a faint blush on Vylad's cheeks as well, but he seemed cooler about what happened.

Then, a vomit sound was heard followed by a pale Katelyn yelling, "I'm gonna die! Ugh...."

The whole day Isabell and I continued getting buckets for Katelyn. She was seasick and we were forced to take care of her. Vylad helped a bit as well. He felt bad for me.

Another day past and I felt like we were sailing around in circles. Actually, everyone thought that, even Travis who was supposed to be steering us to the island. Again, I slept with Vylad that night. The boat continued to rock but Vylad continued to help me sleep peacefully.