Chapter 35: Why?

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Song: Chasin' Balloons - Leonell Cassio ft. Krista Marina (This is the song I was listening to while writing this chapter. It's a good song and it kind of fits how Y/n is feeling, since, during the whole chapter, she's thinking about her and Vylad's memories.)

Italics are thoughts...

Owl's POV

I sigh, watching over my sister in bed with tears in her eyes. It wasn't just any bed, though, it was the bed in Vylad's home - the one where they would sleep in together.

Everything happened so fast. They were together then apart so quickly - it's as if they were never really dating.

I was the first one to find out about their fight if you could call it that. Well, rather, I watched it happen myself...

~Flashback~

Y/n had been asking about Vylad all morning. Apparently, he was nowhere to be seen. Not even I had seen him. So, I, being the good sister I am, decided to look for him in the woods outside of Phoenix Drop. It was where he would most likely be after all.

After a bit of searching, I had gotten nothing, so I decided to head back - until I heard voices. I had followed that sound, and I soon came across my sister and the boy she fell in love with.

I guess Y/n had the same idea...

"Now, could you answer my question?" Vylad asked, crossing his arms.

"I was looking for you! What are you doing all the way out here?!" My sister replied, A tone of worry in her voice.

"Looking after Laurance."

I could then hear my heartbeat speed up. I hadn't seen Laurance for days. I was so, so worried about him. I continued to watch the exchange, hoping to find out more about what was wrong with him.

"Why is he out here?! Vylad is there something you aren't telling me?!" Y/n was starting to shout.

He slightly chuckled, turning away from her. "There are a million things I'm not telling you." He paused, before saying, "Y/n, I didn't want you to know this, but I'm going to be away for awhile. Laurance is going through a lot of things right now, so I need to make sure he's alright."

I suddenly felt an aching feeling in my heart as I continued to watch.

What's wrong with him...?

"O-Oh... Well... can I come?" Y/n asked, hope apparent in her eyes.

Vylad groaned. "See, this is exactly why I didn't want you to find out. No, you cannot come," The Shadow Knight states, not even turning back around.

I frowned.

Vylad wouldn't say this to her....

"Why?" The boy doesn't respond. Suddenly, my sister started screaming, "VYLAD! Don't you dare walk away from me! I'm so worried about you, about our relationship! You're keeping secrets from me, you're not spending time with me anymore, and our relationship just started and we're already starting to fall apart! You want to make sure Laurance is alright, right?! I want to make sure you're alright! You're no different than him right now! So, please, at least tell me something..."

What happened next extremely surprised me.

Vylad huffed, something I would never expect him to do, and replied, "Fine. If you worry so much about our relationship, then I'll give you one less thing to worry about - I think we should take a break from each other for now."