Chapter 31: A Busy Morning

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

When I woke up this morning, I freaked out. I was laying in an unfamiliar bed, in unfamiliar surroundings, wrapped in an unfamiliar person's arms. I was in a complete panic, wondering what the nether I had done last night until I had flipped over to see whose arms were holding me close. When I saw Vylad's peaceful, sleeping face, my panic had immediately dissolved into thin air. Everything that had happened the night before came rushing back.

Honestly, there are no words to express how cute- no, adorable he looks in the mornings. His brown hair is very messy, most of it falling in front of his calm, tired face. Speaking of his face... up close, I can see how childlike it still seems. It's as if he hadn't grown physically, just mentally, but far away I can tell how mature he is - through his words, actions, and looks. He just acts a bit more immature around me, and I love that.

I wish I had been there to watch this beautiful brunette boy grow up, but you can't turn back time. All you have it your memories to look back on...

... but, for the longest time, I had forgotten those memories... so, if Hayley was still alive, and controlling what I know I didn't know... what would I have to look back on then? I guess I'd just have to cherish the moments I could remember, and live each day with Vylad to the fullest.

Staring at Vylad for so long, I couldn't help but show affection to him. So, I kissed his cheek, and his eyes immediately shot open. I could tell he was as surprised as I was that morning, but when he realized who I was, his eyes softened. He smiled.

"Good morning, N/n," Vylad greeted.

I smiled back. "Good morning... Sweetpea." I smirked, knowing the effect that name had on him.

Vylad pouted. "How did you remember that nickname?" He sighed, "Mother always gave us the strangest names..."

"You're right. Gar Gar, Zu Zu, and Sweetpea," I replied, smiling wider at the memories.

Vylad shook his head, chuckling. "You didn't answer my question, how did you suddenly remember that? Did you dream of a memory or something? Because you've never called me that before..."

"Actually, yeah. I dreamt about a Christmas we spent together. Those were the good old times... Did you know we actually met Laurance when we were younger?" (SHOUT OUT TO MY FORGOTTEN SIDESTORY BOOK THAT HAS A ONE DAY LATE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL THAT YOU GUYS SHOULD ALL READ EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT THAT RELEVANT TO THIS BOOK. #SHAMELESSSELFPROMOTION)

Vylad nodded. "Laurance and Cadenza of Meteli... I knew it was the same Laurance the minute I saw him in the nether, but I never brought it up. It's not important anyway. Speaking of Laurance, did you see how much he has gotten close to your sister?"

Suddenly, my eyes widened in realization. "... oh, oh no... Irene, I forgot to tell her I was sleeping over with you yesterday! She must be going crazy right now, I need to go!" I immediately got up out of bed, away from the scattered pillows from our pillow fight last night. I combed my hair, put it in (whatever hairstyle you like, unless you're me, and you like to keep your hair down. If that's the case, ignore all of this), and climbed out of the treehouse.

Then, that brings me to this moment, which is me currently running frantically towards the Phoenix Drop Alliance set up. When I get there, I stumble upon Owl shouting at Alec.