Chapter 8: Names

Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

I sighed as I walked back to Phoenix Drop. I didn't want to believe what Vylad said, but I did. I don't know why but something about him made me trust him more than the others. Maybe I should tell him about my past... But I have to run this by Owl first. If she doesn't approve then I don't want to do this. Then again, she never makes her own decisions... so she should say yes.

I go up into the treehouse and I find Owl there reading a book. Nobody else was up here so it was a great place to talk about this kind of thing. "Hey, sis! Where did you get that?" I ask sitting beside her.

She looks up. "Oh, hey. I got this from Emmalyn. It's a book about Lady Irene from her old library, and it's so interesting!"

"Well, that's cool but... can you put it down for one minute so we can talk?"

Owl nods and closes the book. "Sure! What's up?"

"Well... I want to reveal to everyone our names."

Owl's eyes widened. "W-What?! But we worked so hard to keep them hidden! And these people... what if they're traitors?"

"Well... I talked to Vylad. He told me about everyone here and I believe the stories," I explained.

"But... sis... Our safety-" I cut her off.

"Won't be affected if we tell them our real names. I realize that now. We aren't famous nor are we criminals. We can easily tell them our names and we'll be fine," I put my hand on her shoulder.

"B-but... What if..." Owl trails off.

"No 'but's or 'what if's right now, okay? I know what I'm doing."

Owl stands up and got angry and confident all of a sudden. "Y/n, has it ever crossed your mind the bandits could be looking for us?! They could come to Phoenix Drop acting like regular, kind people and they could ask for Y/n and Owl. If they don't know our actual names we could be safe! Plus, I like the name Amethyst! You always do what you want because you're older and I'm sick of it!" Owl yells.

"S-sis... Calm down... I don't have to tell them if you don't want me to." I smile.

"Why are you smiling?" Owl asks.

"It's just... you've never acted this way before, heh. Is the shy Owl dead now?"

"Maybe," My sister says crossing her arms.

I wipe a fake tear from my eye. "Aww... I never got to say goodbye!"

Owl giggled. "I-I'm still alive. S-sorry for my sudden outburst I wasn't thinking straight..." She sits back down again.

"It's fine. But, where did you learn to act like that?" I ask.

"Well... Laurance said not to let anyone push you around so..."

"Aww! You have a crush, don't you? You keep on talking about him!" I tease.

Owl blushes. "N-no! What about you and Vylad? You talk to him more than anyone else in this village!"

"Don't change the subject!" I blush as well.

Owl and I laugh at each other's flushed faces.

~Timeskip~

I walk out of the tree house after a talk with my sister. We had talked about many random things and to be honest I don't remember most of it. She did eventually allow me to tell everyone our actual names so that's good at least. I walked towards the merchant shop to buy an apple. Today, an older man with blonde hair and blue eyes was running the shop.