Chapter 37: Secrets

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Song: Secrets - OneRepublic (Love this song, and it fits with the chappie, so, enjoy~!)

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

I look down at the poor boy crying in my arms. I sigh, kissing his forehead. He looks up at me and smiles, then steps away from me.

"I-I'm sorry I broke down like that. I'm just... I don't want to lose you..." He says, sheepishly looking into my eyes. "I was... such an idiot. Watching over Laurance, the darkness that surrounded him corrupted me a bit, and I let my Shadow Knight side take over my mind. I tried to remember that you love me, that you're here for me, but it was too hard. I resorted to pushing you away but, after running into a fairly angry Alec, I realized that I had made a mistake. I'm so glad I managed to get to you in time. I love you... but, I get it if you don't forgive me."

"To be honest, Vylad... what you did really broke me. I guess I should learn not to listen to you when you get like that, huh?" I grab Vylad's hands, and I smile. "I forgive you, though. I know you weren't in your right mind. I promise, next time that happens, I won't let you walk off. We can talk it through."

Vylad grins and lets go of my hand, cupping my cheek. "Thank you, beautiful, but that won't be necessary. I won't let this happen ever again. I promise, N/n, that I'll be more controlling over my Shadow Knight side and... I want to be more honest with you. I'm going to give all my secrets away."

"Um, I'm sorry to interrupt, but what exactly is happening here?" A certain raven-haired woman asks.

Vylad lets go of me and we both turn to face her, and the blonde next to her. "Oh," I mutter, "I guess we never told you... Aphmau, Vylad and I are dating, but could you please not tell anybody?"

Aphmau nods, a smile growing on her face. "Sure."

"Oh, right, are you guys okay- Y-Y/n..." Vylad trails off, staring at my arm. I follow his line of vision to see my arm rapidly bleeding out. "Heal that. Now. I hate seeing you hurt," Vylad commands.

I slightly grin, happy that he still cares so much about me. I obey him, putting my hand on top of the wound and closing my eyes.

I need to heal... for Vylad, my boyfriend...

I then feel cool air on my hurt arm, despite the fact that it's covered, and when I open my eyes, the large cut is gone faster than it came.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Garroth staring at me in shock.

"I never knew you could do that..."

I laugh. "Don't you remember? My mom was a magicks user, it only makes sense that I am too."

Garroth nods. "I guess so."

"Vylad, you mentioned Laurance... Were you looking after him? Is that why you went missing for so long?" Aphmau asks.

Vylad sighs. "Oh, right, I guess if I'm working on being honest, I should start with the easiest secret to tell: Laurance is not well." Aphmau gasps, but that's not all Vylad has to say... "... I think he's in trouble."

"W-What?" I ask.

"I'll tell you why in a second, but let's get back to Phoenix Drop, first, where it's safer. Ivy might come back."