Chapter 39: Spa Day

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

It's been more than a week since Vylad left. Everyone seems to be a lot happier with the news that Aphmau is better and now off on an adventure in O'khasis with Garroth and Katelyn. Well... everyone except for Owl. She's actually been relatively sadder, but that's because I told her what's going on with Laurance. Now she's extremely worried about him and upset that he never bothered to tell her everything. She's been feeling a lot of emotions lately, so, like Vylad is with Laurance, I've been keeping an eye on her.

Speaking of Vylad I've been... okay without him. I mean, it's definitely been pretty lonely, but whenever I feel down, I think about what he said before he left.

"I love you across the universe and back. Never forget that, even if someone tries to take our memories away from you."

I miss him, a lot, but, unlike last time, at least I know for sure he loves me. I can sleep peacefully knowing that.

Currently, I'm sitting on my bed in Phoenix Drop Alliance Island, reading. An EXTREMELY long time ago Owl gave me a book about Lady Irene that I still haven't finished. The book is interesting, but I can't really focus on it right now... my mind keeps wandering to Vylad.

I hope he's doing okay... hopefully, nothing bad has happened to him.

I sigh, staring down at my promise ring.

Maybe, if I just head down to the treehouse-

Suddenly, I hear the front door slam open, and an excited squeal. "Y/N~!" I turn my head to see Owl skipping towards me excitedly.

"Woah, what's got you so happy?" I ask. "When you left for Phoenix Drop you were so grumpy..."

She smiles, widely. "Now I have no reason to be grumpy, or sad, or upset! You know why?!" Before I get to say anything, she shouts, "LAURANCE IS BACK! (I wish...) He came with Aphmau, Gar, and Katelyn, and he's feeling a lot better! I talked to him! Sure, it wasn't the longest, most meaningful conversation we've ever had, but still! He told me that he was feeling great, and ready for anything!"

"That's great-"

"AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!" Owl screeches.

I cover my ears, chuckling slightly. "That my eardrums are breaking?"

She laughs. "No, silly! It means Vylad's coming back!"

I smile brightly. "Right! That does mean that..." I sigh, frowning slightly.

... but... if Laurance came back, then doesn't that mean Vylad should've come back by now? What if he's not here because something happened to him...

Owl raises an eyebrow at my frown. "Hey..." She mutters, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Vylad's probably off getting something special for his girl~ hehe! He'll be back soon, and he'll be coming to see you first."

I smile and nod, brushing off the fact that she may or may not have just read my mind. "Thanks, Owl. That makes me feel a bit better."

"Good!" She steps away from me, then screams, "AND ALSO! Lucinda said that she's planning a spa day for Aphmau, Katelyn, and her, as well as the new wolf girl who just moved in! She asked if we could come with, and, of course, I said yes! I hope that's okay with you!" Then, my little sister skips out of the room without giving me time to respond.