Chapter 13: Memories

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

Night came. When it was close to midnight, I was sure everyone was asleep. That was when I snuck out of town. I climbed over the walls of old and new Phoenix Drop because I couldn't open the gates or I would get caught. I wandered into the forest with my sword out in front of me ready to strike whoever got in my way. I was close to the clearing where I wanted to meet Hayley.

That's when I heard her voice call, "Hello? The Anonymous person who wanted to meet with me?"

I heard her footsteps come closer, so I hid in a bush. She came into view clutching her dagger in her hand.

"Whoever you are, I know you're here. I heard your footsteps..." She says.

I then run out of the bush and push her to the ground. I then put my sword to her neck.

"Why, hello there Hayley!" I exclaimed, giving her a fake smile.

She rolls her eyes. "Wow, good job at hiding in that bush."

"Thank you, I try. Now, we need to talk," I sternly tell her.

"No. I got a note from someone telling me to meet them here and I am not letting a pesky slave get in the way of that."

"What would you say if this 'pesky slave' sent you that note?" I ask. Hayley's mouth opened wide in shock.

"You sent me that???" She exclaims.

I nod. "Yes."

"And why would you think I would want to talk to you? I can easily kill you right here and now." I grab her dagger and throw it somewhere.

"I'm sorry, who has an iron sword at their neck while they're defenseless?"

Hayley growls. "I'm still not talking."

"Oh, you will. And if you don't I'm cutting your head off right here and now," I threaten.

"Fine... Let me go and I'll answer any questions you have."

"Good. Though, if you pull anything I won't hesitate to kill you."

Hayley makes a 'hmph' sound as I take the sword off her. She sits on the ground while I stand.

"So, what do you want to talk to me about?" She asks.

"You erased my memory," I stated.

She raised an eyebrow. "I did not. I wanted to, but sadly you still remember your past, right?" She grits her teeth as she talked, being angry she didn't complete her task of erasing my past.

"Wrong. You took away my most precious memories. You took away my best friend!" I screamed at her.

"Woah, woah, calm down!" She yelled, "I don't remember doing that... Oh yeah, when that knight was attacking me and Zeel!"

"Yeah, and I want to know how to get my memories back."

"Sorry, I can't do that for you. I would if I wanted to, but it's not very possible. The only way I can do that is if I have full control of your memories, but it was panic reinforced magicks. That means the outcome is random and it's non-reversible. Well, there is one way to reverse it but..." Hayley trailed off.