Chapter 23: Colorful

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food

Song: Don't Let Me Go - Grabbitz (I listened to the song while writing the chapter, but it didn't exactly inspire the chapter, so you don't have to listen to it, but could you? It's one of my favorite songs!)

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

"Huh? Aaron...? Katelyn...?"

Both Vylad and I look down to see Aphmau, finally awake. I look up to see the sun way over the horizon.

About time... the sun rose almost an hour ago!

She immediately gets up and starts looking around. Vylad and I watch as she panics, not knowing where all her friends are.

"Where is everyone? Where'd everyone go?! Did something happen?!"

"Should we do something?" I whisper to Vylad.

He nods, then takes a deep breath and composes himself. Finally, he says one word: "Hey."

"H-Huh?" Aphmau asks, frantically looking around.

I roll my eyes. Vylad didn't do a good job of informing her we're alright. "Over here!" I exclaim, trying to wave Aphmau over.

She turns and finally sees us. "Vylad! Y/n! Guys, what happened?!"

Vylad sighs. "You overslept, that's what."

Aphmau exhales in relief. "Oh... Does that mean everyone's safe?"

"Yes. Everyone went exploring. We're here standing guard," Vylad explains to her.

She nods. "Where's Aaron?"

"I asked him, but he didn't say. We saw him heading towards the shore, though, so maybe he went back to the ship. Does that calm your nerves?" I ask.

"Yes, thank you, you two," She responds, smiling.

Vylad turns to face me. "C'mon, Y/n. Let's get down from here."

I nod as Vylad and I jump down. (Or climb down, if you're not a risk taker :) )

"What about Laurance, Katelyn, and Travis?" Aphmau asks once we're safely down on the ground.

"They headed up the mountain to explore. They probably just wanted a view from there. I doubt they'd want to really explore without you," Vylad answers.

Aphmau's eyes widened. "T-The three of them are together? After everything that happened last night? Is that such a good idea?"

"Laurance said he could control his emotions. I figured if I kept badgering him about it he would get angry again, so I let him go. Still, I don't think it's a good idea, but Katelyn was the one who lead the group, and she doesn't seem like the type to let nonsense affect her mission," Vylad explains.

Meanwhile, I just sit on one of the logs and take a sip of water from my water bottle - which was nearby.

"So, he insisted on going?" Aphmau asked.

My brunette best friend nodded. "Yes. It might be his way to amend for what happened yesterday, I'm not sure. I can only imagine."

Aphmau smiles. "I guess it's only us three, then?"

My mind then goes back to the crazy brown-haired man who had interrupted Vylad and I earlier.

"Well..." I started.