Chapter 22: Trust & Jealousy

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

Aphmau sighs at the two sitting beside the water far away from us: Vylad and Laurance. "He was doing such a great job at controlling his emotions."

"... I'm so sorry. This is all my fault," Travis admits.

"Can someone... for the love of Irene... please explain what in the world is going on?" Katelyn asked, confused as the nether.

"Y/n, did you see the demon?" Lucinda asks me. I nod. "Alright. Katelyn, Aaron... a spectre just appeared before us. It was the Demon Warlock."

Katelyn's eyes widened. "W-What...? How could he have--"

Aaron cuts her off. "Is he a threat to us?"

Travis shakes his head. "No, he is not."

"Though we could not see him, we could see your reactions to him. You all took stance. Even Aphmau and Y/n," Aaron argues, calmly.

"Speaking of you, Y/n. You never told us you had magicks," Katelyn tells me.

"I never knew I had them... I don't even know what they are!" I admit.

"Also, where did you get that sword?" Aaron asks me. That's when I notice my silver sword was in my hands.

I stare down at it. "I guess I just pulled it out subconsciously," I reply.

"And a sword manifested in my hands," Aphmau says.

Travis sighs. "The worst part of you will come out when in presence of the Demon Warlock."

"Travis, what is this about him being your father?" Katelyn asks.

"It... It's a long story but..." Travis sighs again, "My mother spent her entire life in conflict with the Demon Warlock... she kept him in check and protected the people who he tormented. However, she lost her life sealing him away..."

"And yet she had a child with him?" Lucinda asks.

Travis is quiet.

"That isn't important. What's important is where Travis' loyalties lie," Katelyn mumbles, glaring at the white-haired man.

"Katelyn, we've talked about this before," Aphmau scolds.

"Travis has proven himself loyal to Aphmau. Trust her judgment," Aaron continues.

Katelyn sighs, and after being silent for a second, she says, "I believe you, Travis. I know you're here to help Aphmau." I could hear the doubt in her voice. Even though she believed him, she didn't trust him, did she?

"I'm here to help everyone. I just want-"

Katelyn cuts Travis off, "You still haven't earned MY trust, Travis. If it were up to me I'd have let Laurance continue... but I do trust Aphmau. Don't disappoint her, or it will be your biggest mistake," She warns.

"You can count on me, Katelyn."

"Prove it," Katelyn responds. She then changes the topic, "It's not safe out here in the open. We need to head inland and make camp. Let's go, Travis!" Travis then follows her.

She doesn't trust Travis... Vylad doesn't trust Travis either... but I trust him... If he wasn't a womanizer, I think I'd actually be good friends with him...