Chapter 7: Trust

A/n: Damn it! I forgot to update yesterday! Sorry everyone. I was busy working on a new X Re- I mean, enjoy the chapter! Heheheh...

Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

I watched as Aphmau, Laurance, Aaron, and Travis left Phoenix Drop. They were heading to Pikoro because they wanted it to join the Phoenix Alliance. But this morning I had listened in to Aphmau, Levin, and Malachi's conversation and it wasn't good...

~Flashback~

I quietly went up the ladder. Aphmau had asked for the tree to be empty this morning, but I wanted information. You never know what this meeting could be about. They could be talking about how they wanted to make the villagers of Phoenix Drop slaves. They could be making plans on a heist of some sort. You never know if you aren't allowed to know. I sat close enough to the three people, but not too close. I sat closer to the ladders so I could get out quickly if needed. Nothing could stop me from getting this information...

Woah, I think the bandits rubbed off on me a bit...

I silently shrugged the thought off and started listening. "Mom...? You wanted to see us in private?" Levin asked.

"Is something wrong?" Malachi asked.

I had expected Aphmau to respond like, 'No, nothing is wrong I just have some evil ideas for taking over other villages!' But instead, she responded like this, "Yes, something is wrong. Very wrong. Before you react, let me say that I am so sorry for keeping this from you two. I just... After everything I wanted you two to take it easy. Especially Zoey. Please understand that."

Secrets...?

"Mom..." Malachi trailed off.

"Levin, Malachi, when we were on our journey I had found myself in the village of O'khasis. During my time there, O'khasis was invaded."

Both boys gasped. I looked at the ladder getting ready to go back down. I had already heard about this, no need for more sadness. But, something made me stay up there.

"T-There's no way... O'khasis..." Levin was wide-eyed.

"I saw it happen. People were flooding the streets in a panic and war ships were at their docks as well as at Nahakra village. The guards at Nahakra even confirmed that O'khasis was being taken over." I, myself, was shocked.

I didn't think it was THAT bad... Nahakra village too? Oh my gosh, all my friends! Like my friend... and my best friend... Did I have any friends besides Owl?

I then realized something. I didn't tell Owl about this! I went towards the ladder and went down. When I finally got to the bottom of the gigantic tree, I walked towards the water well where Owl was. I spotted her and ran over to her.

"Owl- I mean ow! I just cut my foot on a rock! Yeah, that's it..." I saved myself. This was the second time I forgot our fake names. I'm so close to telling everyone our real names so I don't have to go through this... But if I tell them now I bet they'll think we're untrustworthy and kick us out. We don't want that to happen... especially when the bandits are stationed quite near to here.

"Oh, Irene! Are you okay?" Donna gasped.

"I'll be fine." I spat. I didn't need any more of her kindness. "Anyways, Amethyst!"