Chapter 40: Zvhal Problems

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

The next day, I walk to the beach so I can talk to Vylad. It's a quiet and peaceful morning, there's not much going on. Finally at the beach, I quickly get distracted by my beautiful surroundings. The rising sun glaring down on the blue sea, the ocean waves splashing against the shore... I see why Vylad wanted to meet here. He's always been a sucker for romantic scenery.

"... Can I just say how stunning you look right about now?" A familiar voice asks from behind me.

I smile, turning to see my Charming Rogue himself. "Thanks V."

He grins, but that grin soon turns grim as he walks up to me and grabs both of my hands. "... they know."

"Huh? Who?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.

"Everyone. Katelyn, Lucinda, Dante, everyone who was there at the Spa Day last night... even Laurance. He knows about my feelings for you," Vylad replies.

My eyes widen. "... did he say anything to you, yet?"

He shook his head. "That's exactly it, he hasn't said anything to me. He's been completely ignoring me. What even happened last night? How did they find out?"

Like that, everything came rushing out. The hot springs, the confessions, how upset and scared of losing Vylad I was when Katelyn admitted... Vylad gave me a reassuring hug after I told him that. Then, I told him Owl just blurted out that we were dating.

"We didn't even know any of the boys were there. When we did find out and Lucinda gave them all magical shots to the head, I didn't realize how Laurance must've felt... are you... mad?" I ask, finally finished my explanation.

V shakes his head. "Of course not, especially after what you just told me. I'm just... a bit worried. What Laurance is going through just doesn't make sense..."

"Vylad, tell me about your travels. What's up with..." I giggle. "The island?"

He manages to crack a smile at my reference. "Isolated as ever. Seriously, though, he's not reacting normally in this situation. By now a normal Shadow Knight suffering from the Calling would've at least tried to open a portal... but, instead he comes back here." He sighs and shakes his head. "I think I just need time to process this. Anyways, how was the actual island while I was gone?"

I shrug. "Same old, same old. Everyone is in much higher spirits than they were before, but, other than that, nothing much happened. At least, not that I know of. After all, I'm not everywhere like you." I chuckle.

He grins at me. "I honestly feel like a ninja sometimes, heh... I'm glad at least everything's been alright."

"Vylad! Y/n!" A voice calls.

We both turn to see Garroth walking towards us.

"Good morning, Garroth," Vylad greets. "... What happened to your head?" He asks, referring to the large bump that's formed.

"Oh... this. Well..."

I giggle. "He fell face first onto the floor when Lucinda hit him with magic. Are you doing okay?"

The blonde nods. "Yeah, I guess... although, not as good as I could be," he chuckles, "Anyways, I heard there are ruins here, right? And Emmalyn and Kenmur (THAT NAME HURTS) are researching there. I want to go but I have no idea where they are. Could you guys show me-"

Forgotten: A Vylad X Reader FFजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें