Chapter 45: Perfect

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

Walking through the Enchanted Forest - a place that my mom has once warned me about, but is now letting me walk through no problem - our little group finally reaches our destination: the home of a witch named Hyria. At this little house, we reunite with three other women, Katelyn, Aphmau, and Lucinda. They're all happy to see us alive, but Hyria smiles more at Zianna's presence.

Turns out, Hyria and the Ro'meave Family are old friends. Zianna knows her, Vylad knows her, and Garroth knows her, but I don't. Neither does my mother. So, we stay out of their little reunion until Zianna takes a small glowing object out from the hidden pocket of her O'khasian dress. My eyes widen, recognizing that object from a book I once read.

That's a relic... Shad's relic! I remember Vylad mentioning something about Ivy having a relic, but I didn't know it was that one! Doesn't Garroth have a relic too? And Aphmau- wait, why is it-?

"Interesting... why is it still resonating?" Hyria asks, taking the relic from Zianna's hands.

"Odd, it wasn't doing that when I pulled it from Ivy..." Zianna mutters.

"Perhaps," Vylad begins, "that is because it's resonating for someone who's here?"

Hyria then turns her attention to Aphmau. "I need to speak with you, Lady Aphmau," She says, "In fact, I need to speak with everyone here. Come inside. There is much to discuss."

"H-Huh?! What are you talking about?" Aph asks.

The elderly witch just chuckles, "It is time you all learned the truth... about Irene." She then walks into her house. Puzzled and reluctant, we all follow her.

In her warm and cozy home, Hyria begins to tell us a story - the story of Irene and the other Divine Warriors. The story is long, and about how Irene felt about her life as a Goddess; her emotions, and how they slowly drifted away. As Hyria talks, Vylad and I sit together, listening intently. I remember Zane as a child ranting on and on about the history of Irene... he would've loved listening to this. Memories of him fill my mind; memories I was so close to forgetting about an hour ago. Still, I try to focus on the story.

According to Hyria, Irene sealed her memories and powers away, then gave her a staff that would someday glow. When the staff glowed, Hyria had to place the staff somewhere that needed Irene's help. When hearing this, I notice Vylad's eyes widen. Soon enough, I realize why.

"... hundred of years later, a boy who had just reborn into a Shadow Knight came into my forest. A boy who, even though lost all he had, still cared for his brother," Hyria explains.

"... and you said, "Take this and place it somewhere that needs the help of Irene"," Vylad continues, "I placed it near the village Garroth was in, knowing that it was going through hard times. Just afterward, I saw a girl who wasn't there before. Hyria, back then, I didn't think you meant the help of the actual Irene!"

"W-Wait, what?!" Aphmau exclaims, staring at him.

Hyria takes a deep breath, grabs Aphmau's shoulders and says with a smile on her face, "Aphmau, you are Lady Irene."

We all go crazy after hearing this. This news is so sudden and unbelievable, but, at the same time, it kind of makes sense. Her kindness, bravery, strength, power, acceptance... all traits of Lady Irene.