Chapter 27: Red

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Song: War Of Hearts - Ruelle (A beautiful, emotion-filled song that I had listened to while writing this. It slightly inspired this chapter so please listen to it!)

Previously...

I suddenly accidentally trip over a pebble and I fall over. Silently cursing, I watch as two other bandits go behind my Y/n, chain her arms, and roughly forced her onto a horse behind another female bandit.

"NO!"

I struggle to get up, and as I did, I could feel my knee bleeding. I sigh, looking up to see all the bandits gone, except two smirking men walking straight towards me...

Damn you Y/n and your sacrifice...
~
Italics are thoughts...

Vylad's POV

I lean against a tree to steady myself as the bandits get closer. I glare at them.

"Oh ho ho! Look at this! The guy's trying to act tough to save his girlfriend," One bandit laughs.

The other bandit shakes his head, sighing. "Look, boy, we don't mean any harm. We just want you to go back to your friends and forget about this... your girl is safe with us."

I grit my teeth in anger. "I will never forget about this! I saw what all those years of labour did to my best friend... her smiles turned to frowns, and her eyes became lifeless! You are going to treat her like garbage, again, when you people should be the ones being treated like the trash you are!" I growled.

Let me at them, My Shadow Knight Side states. I feel it trying to take over, but I stop it.

No.

One of the bandits hardens their gaze. "You have nowhere to run, especially with that bleeding leg... so leave now and no harm will be done to anyone."

Let me at them. Now. I'm trying to help you, idiot! I deny it access to control my body once again.

I don't trust you-

"Leave. Now. Or something bad will happen to your girl... you don't want that, do you?"

"There are two ways to handle this. You can choose the easy way or the hard way... if you value your life, I recommend you choose the easy way."

With those words, I break. My anger gets ahold of me.

Do it.

Thank you...

I look up at the bandit and suddenly, everything turns red.

My Shadow takes over. Armour appears over my clothing and a sword manifests in my hand.

"Finally..." My Shadow sighs, "I choose the hard way."

Both bandit's eyes widen as I feel myself smirk, although I'm not controlling it in the slightest.

My Shadow Knight side has complete control.

My Shadow Knight side starts running up to them. One of the bandits block its attack and I notice the other one coming round behind me. The Shadow Knight in me sees this as well, and when the other bandit tries stabbing my back with his dagger, Shadow kicks him and quickly turns, knocking the bandit's dagger out of his hands. Shadow then hits the sneaky bandit's head with my red broadsword and he goes unconscious.