Chapter 20: Flaws

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

When we got back to the ship we saw Aphmau carrying a baby in her arms wrapped in Aaron's jacket. Apparently, Aphmau, Aaron, and Laurance found her while exploring. Aphmau is going to keep her. The baby doesn't have a name yet, but that'll be established sooner than later. Right now, Aaron is holding the child in his arms. Vylad, Travis, Lucinda, and I are all crowded around the kid as Aaron cradles her in his arms. Vylad is right next to me, slightly smiling at the kid. Lucinda is beside him and Travis is beside her.

"Hey, Lucinda," Travis starts, "Do you know where babies come from?"

I stare at him wondering if he actually knew the answer or not. If he didn't know the answer, then what kind of a pervert is he?

"Yes, but do you know?" Lucinda replies.

Travis nods. "They come from storks, right? It's so cool how storks just bring babies out of nowhere! And the babies look exactly like the parents! So cool..." Travis trails off.

I facepalm laughing while Vylad and Aaron just chuckle. Lucinda laughs too.

"What are you guys laughing at? It's true... isn't it?" Travis asks, confused.

Lucinda shakes her head.

"Oh. Well, I guess I don't know everything... But you can't blame me! I was raised on a hill all alone!" Travis says in defense, "So, if storks don't bring babies... Then where do they come from?"

"Not it!" Vylad exclaims.

"Not it!" Lucinda and I exclaimed after him.

Lucinda looked to the only person who didn't say 'not it'. "Aaron?"

He shakes his head. "There's nothing you can do to make me do it," Aaron responds.

The baby suddenly starts crying. Aaron starts working to calm her down.

"I guess the baby doesn't want to do it either," I giggle.

Aaron looks towards Aphmau who was talking to Laurance. "Aphmau... She's starting to cry, can you come hold her?" He asks.

"Sure! Be right there," Aphmau responds.

She then comes over and takes the baby from his arms. The child immediately stops crying with Aphmau's touch. She was holding the baby a bit incorrectly, so Aaron came behind her and wrapped his arms around her to show her how to hold the child correctly. It looked like a mother and father holding a newborn child. Honestly, it was adorable.

"Aphmau, can I hold her?" I ask.

"Do you have experience on holding a baby?" Aaron asks.

I nod. "A bit," I respond.

"I'll help you, Y/n. You might be a bit rusty," Vylad offers.

I then take the adorable little bundle of joy from Aph's hands. I hold her correctly, giving Vylad no chance to help. I rock her back and forth. The baby reaches her hands up to feel my face. She smiles and I smile back.

"Aw... Vylad, she reminds me of a little Owl. Remember how she would always want to touch my mom's face for some weird reason?" I ask, smiling at the memories of my younger sister.