Chapter 30: Conflicts Of Love

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Song: Fools - Lauren Aquilina (Somewhat inspires the chapter and a very good song you should listen to!)

-An Hour Earlier-

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

I was stressed out. Why? Last night, I had a dream where everyone I love was dying - Owl, Alec, Garroth, Zane, Vylad, even my mother, and father... and I could only choose one to heal and save. I ended up taking too long to choose and they all ended up passing away. It was the worst dream I have ever had... and I had a feeling that my newfound magicks had something to do with it.

Sure, I've only forcefully used it once, but it's been haunting me for a long time. I've just been introduced to a new world I didn't even know I was apart of, and I want to know as much as I can...

... so something like my dream doesn't happen in real life.

So, I decided to take Aphmau out for a walk. She wasn't busy, so it was the perfect time to talk with her. I told her about the dream, but all she just said it was the stress of having powers getting to my head. I expected as much, but I just wanted to make sure.

"Thank you, Aphmau... hey, speaking of dreams, have you seen Garroth recently?" I asked, hopefully.

She silently looked down.

"A-Aphmau?"

"Yes. I did, and I delivered your message, but..." The ravenette responded. I put a hand on her shoulder.

"... but what?"

She shook her head, shaking my hand off her shoulder as well. Aphmau then smiled at me, and, although it was fake, I went along with it.

"It's nothing, Y/n. He's fine. He was a bit injured, but I healed him no problem! When he heard the news that you and Vylad were safe and sound he was ecstatic," She said.

I smiled. "Really?! Thank you so much, Aphmau!" Then, I came to a conclusion. "Zane caused the injuries, didn't he? You know, he's always been distant... but he's also so close to me, as are the other brothers. I wish they weren't fighting."

"I'm pretty sure you and Vylad are closer," Aphmau stated out of nowhere.

A felt my cheeks faintly get hot. "Why's that?"

She just points to the direction of the woods behind me in response. I turn to see Vylad staring at me, but when I catch his gaze, his eyes move onto the ocean next to Aphmau and I. I sigh, chuckling.

"We're best friends, of course, we're closer."

"I didn't mean it like that... but, sure, you're very close best friends," Aphmau giggled. I rolled my eyes, knowing what she meant, and soon we ended the conversation.

I walked over to Vylad's house afterward, thinking we could take a walk on the beach to help me keep my mind off my dream.

I quietly climb up the ladder, and I stand the entrance. Vylad was still standing beside the window, staring out into the ocean. I knock on the wood next to me.

When I finally attract his attention, I exclaim, "Knock, knock! Vylad? Wanna head down to the beach?"

He smiles at me, a dreamy look in his eyes. "Of course."