Chapter 12: The Truth

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity

*New*
F/f: Favourite food

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

I sat on a rock and Vylad sat beside me. "So... what's happening exactly?"

Vylad sighs. "You might not believe me but... You, me, Owl, Zane, and Garroth used to be friends. In fact, you and I used to be best friends!"

I widened my eyes. "W-What? How come I don't remember a word of our friendship? How come you guys just vanished from my mind?!?" I asked standing up. Vylad grabbed my wrist and sat me down again. He rubbed my back as I processed this information.

This doesn't make any sense! I remember my childhood almost perfectly! The games I loved, the food... I used to eat cake with my best friend--- I don't remember the name... Was it Vylad?

"Remember when I explained my past to you and mentioned a little girl crying outside my window? Well, that was you!" I give no response. "I know, this is hard to understand. Just, sit down and we can... I don't know... talk about it? I've never been good at this type of stuff," Vylad admits.

"Okay..." I looked him straight in the eyes. "Vylad, if you were my best friend then what was my favorite activity?"

"F/a. That's why I said I loved doing that. I loved doing that because I always did it with you." Vylad smiled.

"What was my favorite food?" I asked.

"Easy, F/f," Vylad answered.

Then, I thought of something that nobody but my parents, my sister, and, I guess my best friend, would know.

"What's my full name?"

"Y/n (Insert middle name here if you have one) L/n," Vylad replied.

"You... You really are my best friend. And, I guess your brothers are too. Why did I forget?"

Vylad shrugged. "You may have forgotten me over time, that's always possible."

"No. I remember everything about my childhood. Why would I forget the good moments before I got captured? It doesn't make sense that I would forget you," I explained.

"Then, I have no idea how you forgot me. I mean, someone could've brainwashed you, or erased your memory. But how you forgot doesn't matter. All that matters is that you're here with me, and you're safe." Vylad ends his talk with a hug. I hug back.

Erased memory... The only thing that comes to mind is Hayley but Kyle saved me before she could hurt me... so, what happened?

My heart flutters as Vylad kissed my forehead. He smiled at me as I smiled back. Vylad's smile then vanished.

"Vylad, are you okay?" I ask at the sight of the frown on his face.

He nods. "Uhm, yeah. I just need to go."

Vylad's POV

I love her so much...

You idiot! My Shadow Knight side booms inside my mind. Shadow Knights aren't supposed to love! No emotions, or else you could hurt someone! You could hurt her! Don't you know that?!?

My smile disappears.

"Vylad, are you okay?" Y/n asks.

Don't tell her the truth. You'll just cause problems.