1. Home to Stay

I step off of the plane and walk to the baggage claim. I grab all four of my bags and drag them out to the main part of the airport.

"Four bags? How long are you staying kiddo?" Dad asks grabbing two.

"Well, I was going to wait to tell you, but I'm home, to stay." I reply. "Like no more Cleveland. I'm staying in Beacon Hills for a very long time."

"Y-you mean you're going to live with me? Like forever?" He stutters as I put my bags in the car.

"Yes, Dad, like forever. Well in Beacon Hills forever, not necessarily in your house forever. Maybe like five years in your house, but I'm going to be here for a long time." I state. He wraps his arms around me and rocks me side to side.

"Dammit, I missed you kid." He says.

"I missed you too, Dad." I smile. "And by the way, when I want to skip class I'm hiding out in your office."

"That's fine with me, Brit." He replies. "Come on, let's go home."

+++++

I set down my bags in my room, which what used to have a twin sized bed now has a queen size bed. I pull my hair into a ponytail and start unpacking my bags. I look around the room and grab a framed picture from the windowsill. I slowly run my fingers across the edge of the frame and smile at the picture, Mom and Dad actually being in the same room without trying to kill each other, and me back when I was three, when I didn't have my front teeth. I set it on my nightstand and fix the sheet on my bed. I walk downstairs and cross my arms whilst leaning against the doorframe.

"You still coach lacrosse right?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course. Why?" He replies.

"Just wondering, it'd be nice to see something other than football for once." I say.

"They have practice at four if you want to come. I wasn't going to go but if you want to see how the old man runs things we'll go." He states.

"Yeah, we'll go." I nod.

"And if you like it, you can be Coach 2.0, boss the boys around a little, make them run until their legs fall off or something." He smiles.

"Sounds like a deal." I say.

"Especially Greenberg, if you're anything like me, you'll hate him." He states.

"Jeez, anybody with the name Greenberg deseveres to be hated." I mutter. "Anyone else?"

"Scott McCall is captain. Well was captain. He's on the team regardless but all positions are avalible." Dad takes a sip of coffee. "He's a good kid." He purses his lips. "And that Stilinski kid, Sheriff's son, he stays on the team. He could use some improvement, but he's a good kid. Tryouts are tomorrow."

"These beforehand practices are for you to get a gist of who will make the team." I conclude.

"And to see who's better at what spot. Some of these kids have some pretty big shoes to fill. Jackson Whittemore and Isaac Lahey, Jackson was co captain, and they were both first line. Then you got Danny, he was our best goalie. Everyone else who left will probably be easily replaced, but those three and McCall are probably the best lacrosse players that I've seen in a long time. Except for the new kid, Liam Dunbar, he's a transfer from the prep school, he's pretty damn good, but we'll see about him." He states.

"Isaac Lahey? That kid that got electrocuted at the hospital?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah, that Isaac Lahey." He nods.

"And you said Scott McCall correct?" I add.

"Yeah, McCall. Why?" He gives me a slightly confused look.

"I've heard a thing or two about him. That's all." I shake my head.