Epilogue

Thirteen years later...

"I feel old." I grumble as I cross my arms and sink in the chair.

"You feel old?" Derek looks at me with widened eyes, "I'm five years older than you, how do you think I feel?"

"You know, as much as I want her to pass, I don't want to her pass." I slot my fingers through his.

"Yeah me too." He squeezes my hand just as the door opens and Annalise walks in with a huge smile on her face, "Damn it." He mutters.

"I passed!" She announces, giddily bouncing on her toes.

"Good job, we're proud of you." I smile and squeeze Derek's hand. I gently tap my temple and she nods.

"Yeah, I know. I remembered." She tucks her hair behind one of her ears as her driving instructor walks out of the office, "I hope this picture turns out better than my last one." She fixes her shirt and follows the woman into the office.

"You're driving home, she can drive herself." I rest my head on Derek's shoulder.

"Why can't you drive?" He gently shakes my arm, squeezing my hand.

"Because I don't want to, and I'm probably gonna cry on the ride home." I huff and he chuckles quietly.

"Fine, I'll drive." He kisses my forehead and I sit up straight, "I love you Brit."

"I love you." I smile at him and Anna comes bouncing out of the office with a plastic card in her hand. Derek and I stand and start toward the door, "You can take the car. Your dad and I are taking the truck."

"But we're gonna follow you the entire way home." Derek throws his arm over her shoulder.

"Okay," she shrugs and then shows him her license, "the picture came out nice."

"Yeah that's really nice." I nod as we walk out of the DMV, "We'll have to get a set of contacts for your brother."

"Are my eyes really this green?" She leans against the car and studies the picture, "Like the contacts match my eyes."

"Yes, your eyes are really that green. You were blessed with your father's eyes." I smile and she nods with a smile on her face. She pulls her phone out of her skirt pocket and puts her license in her case, "Be safe and remember we're following you." I gently caress her cheek.

"Are you sure that you don't want to ride with me?" She throws her thumb over her shoulder and points to the car. Her heartbeat falters.

"Do you not want to drive by yourself?" I tuck her hair behind her ear and she slightly hangs her head as her heart jumps again, "Yeah I'll ride with you."

"I'm still gonna follow you either way." Derek states and spins the truck keys on his finger.

"Dad quit being being a hard ass." Anna rolls her eyes and he scoffs.

"Quit being a hard ass." He mocks her and then opens the door, "Hurry up, I don't trust your brother at the house by himself and he gets off school in like half an hour."

"It takes fifteen minutes to get to the house?" Anna quirks a brow.

"Hey honey, why don't you just go pick Ash up a little early? Anna and I will go pick up Chinese or something for dinner." I turn to face Derek as I gently squeeze Anna's shoulder.

"I guess I can go pick him up from school." He sighs dramatically, "I'm kidding, I'll go get the little shithead from school. I love you."

"I love you dear." I smile and he looks at Anna.

"I love you Monkey, have fun driving."

"I love you too Dad, have fun dealing with Ash." She winks at him and he climbs into the truck. I slide over the hood of the car and get in. Anna climbs in and buckles her seatbelt. Derek drives off and I put my seatbelt on.

"Do you wanna go get our nails done?" I smile at the sixteen year old in the driver's seat.

"The full moon is soon, I don't want my claws to ruin them." She starts the car and slowly leaves the parking lot.

"You have control now, I doubt that you'll even shift." I gently pat her thigh before crossing my legs under me.

"Okay, we can go get our nails done." She cocks her head to the side.

"Besides, having your nails done will give you a little more insentive to not shift." I turn on the radio but keep the volume down.

"Thanks momma." She smiles and drives down.

+++++

I lean against the door frame and smile softly. Anna lays on the couch wearing a pair of plaid shorts and her boyfriend's t-shirt, her arm hanging off of the side, her phone clutched in her hand. Her leg is hanging on the back of couch and her mouth his open, a little bit of drool sits on the corner of her mouth. Asher is laying upside down in the recliner, clad in nothing besides black basketball shorts and one singular hot pink sock. His head dangles off of the side of the foot rest and his legs hang off of either arm rest. His phone sits in the floor close to where his head is dangling.

Two arms snake around my waist and a pair of lips gently presses against my temple.

"We did it Derek," I smile at the kids, "we actually did it."

Hyello! So there's the epilogue and kind of a preview for the spin off. (That is if you guys want the spin off, I already started working on it either way but I won't publish it if you guys don't want it as stated in the update) I gave you guys another little wholesome thing.

Also, you guys will learn more about Asher in the spin off.

Basically Asher is another one of Derek and Brittany's kids and they are back in South America. Another thing, Brittany is like 33 now which makes Derek like 38 and I'm not sure I feel about that but the spin off would basically follow Annalise for the most part, with her now being 16.

I don't think I mentioned this but Asher is 13ish. Basically what happened was after they went back to South America, Brittany got pregnant again and had Asher.

I kind of also feel the need to explain the plot holes with all of the pregnancies but I feel like I should save that for the spin off (that is if you all want the spin off)

Anywho,

Stay safe and dispersed, wash your hands frequently, don't go out until it is absolutely necessary and when you do try to stay six feet away from non-family members. If you are struggling with quarantine mentally or just need someone to talk to, my dm's are always open and I will respond as soon as I can.

You Know Who I Am