12. Scrimmage

I put my hair into two dutch braids before slipping into a white singlet and a maroon tracksuit with Beacon Hills printed on the back of the jacket. I lace up my Nike joggers before shoving my phone into my pocket and trudging downstairs.

"You ready Britt?" Dad asks.

"Yeah, just let me grab a pop tart." I reply.

"There's a concession stand." He retorts.

"They don't have pop tarts. And I'm not wasting perfectly good money when I can just shove stuff in my pockets before we leave." I state.

"Touché. Alright, grab the whole box and let's go. I'll get more on our way back." He says grabbing his keys. I grab the box from the cupboard and hustle to the car before getting in. "Seatbelt." I roll my eyes before putting it on and grabbing my phone. "So is your friend from last night going to be at the scrimmage?"

"Maybe, I don't know." I shrug.

"Or was it just a one night stand?" He asks.

"I'm not entirely sure." I reply.

"Did he give you his number, vice versa?" He glances at me.

"Yeah, we exchanged numbers." I nod.

"Have you talked?" He pulls into the parking lot. I nod again. "Then it's more than a one night stand."

"Yeah, let's go win this thing." I open my door and get out. Dad follows and we go to his office. I pull out my phone and text Scott.

Do you think they'll be here?

I wait for a reply.

Yeah, but the game will go on. It's the best way to catch them.

Stay on high alert, have Liam and Kira do the same.

I get up and go to leave.

"Where are you going?" Dad asks.

"Out to the field to check on everything." I reply. He nods and I walk out to the field.

I will, same goes for you.

I know.

I put my phone back in my pocket and look around, checking to see if anything was rigged. I check the buttons on the score board, making sure they don't release some poisonous gas. I leave and check around the fence for anything.

"What are you doing out here alone?" Derek asks.

"Making sure there's nothing that will kill us." I reply.

"And if there was something, you'd be dead?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Oh shit, well yeah, that didn't exactly cross my mind at first but I guess I would. Nothing's rigged though, obviously." I nervously smile. He rolls his eyes before we kiss. "You probably shouldn't stay long, they'll be here. I'll heal quicker and I can handle more, you won't last long enough to get out of here to heal if you get hurt."

"Just be careful for me, okay?" He says.

"I will." We kiss again. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"I'll see you after the game." I whisper. He nods and we kiss a few times before he leaves.

+++++

I tuck my hands into my pockets and stand still focusing on everything around me. Out of the corner of my eye I see a girl go toward the locker room. She looks around suspiciously before going in. I nod toward Scott and he nods back. I watch every player on the field carefully. Stiles and Bret line head to head preparing to start a new play. The ref blows the whistle and Bret takes the ball. Liam runs toward Bret, along with Garrett, and the two betas collide in the air. Garrett looks around and presses a button on his stick as the ref blows his whistle again.

"Did he get you?" Scott asks.

"Not me, him." Liam replies nodding toward Bret. Scott looks at me and slightly turns his head as if asking a question. I nod knowing what he means before following the paramedics toward the locker room.

"Get your ass benched and get to the locker room. Garrett has a friend hiding in there." I say quietly as I pass the two. Scott nods as I enter the locker room. Violet knocks the paramedics out and Bret falls to the ground. I jump up into the rafters and start making noise to get her focused on me rather than the beta laying on the floor. She watches me carefully as I jump around. She shakes her head and takes of her necklace before putting it around Bret's neck. I jump down and make my eyes glow. "Don't you want someone who's worth more money?" I smirk. She takes it off Bret and looks toward me. She lunges forward and I sidestep, her body colliding with the floor. I grab her by the back of the shirt and carry her across the room before dropping her. She kicks me in the side and I stagger back. She pulls something out from her pocket and hits me with it. I fall to the ground and she walks away. I growl and slowly stand. Scott slams her head against the wall and her unconscious body falls to the floor.

"Get him out of here." Scott says. I nod and wrap his arm over my shoulders. Stiles runs in and looks at everything. "Help her get him to Deaton." Stiles wraps Bret's other arm over his shoulder and we drag him out to the Jeep. I climb in the back and pull out my phone.

"Give me an alibi my Dad will believe." I tell Stiles.

"The guy from the other night showed up so you went out with him and you'll be home around 12:30." Stiles says.

"Oh wow, thanks." I start texting my father then put my phone down and make my eyes glow. "How the hell do you know about the other night?" I growl.

"I know things, and before you ask- no Scott nor anyone else knows. I just do a lot of snooping." He replies.

"You'd better keep your mouth shut." I say letting my eyes return to brown.

"Oh, I will, don't worry."