8. Blood

I slowly walk through the hallway, following the scent of blood, trying not be found. I hear two sets of footsteps and freeze in my tracks. I hold my breath slightly still smelling blood. I take a few steps forward.

"Blood? I should've smelt it before we even walked in." Derek says. I start walking again.

"It's a bomb." Sheriff whispers. I move faster toward them. "Brittany? Why the hell do you keeping showing up at stuff like this?" I stop walking and tuck hair behind my ear. My eyes widen slightly.

"Get down!" I yell before Derek grabs me and pulls me against him. A tomahawk lands in the wall, where my head was just a few seconds ago. I move away from Derek and make my eyes glow. "You son of a bitch." I growl at the mouthless man. He jumps down from the stairs and pulls out another tomahawk. I snarl before slicing his chest open. He goes to hit me with the tomahawk and Derek grabs his arm. He drops the tomahawk and I grab it before before snapping it in two. Derek puts both arms behind its back and Sheriff holds a gun to his head.

"You have the right to remain silent." Sheriff says and I give him a flat look. The guy doesn't have a mouth how the fuck is he going to talk?

"Peter no!" Derek yells. Peter runs down the hall and attacks the mute. He slashes its throat several times, blood all over him. Peter gets up and wipes off his claws before starting to walk away. "We've found a better way."

"I'm a creature of habit." Peter says before leaving. I drop the tomahawk on the floor and gape as Peter walks away. I feel eyes on me and blinks a few times before shaking my head.

"Brittany, are you okay?" Derek asks.

"I'm fine." I reply hazily.

"Go home, you have school in the morning." Sheriff says. "You may want to leave before the others show up." I nod.

"Yeah." I start to walk away then stop. "Tell me if you find out anything."

"We will. Go home and get some sleep." Derek says. I nod again before leaving.

+++++

I open my door and throw my shoes off. I take off my shirt and pants before falling face first onto my bed. I pull the blankets over my head and shut off the light. My phone starts ringing and I groan overdramatically. I grab it and answer.

"What?" I snap.

"Woah, calm down. You were right, they aren't hunters. They're assassins, the HBIC goes by Benefactor. He wasn't the only one either. There are many many more. This could end up being very dangerous for you to be back in Beacon Hills." Derek says.

"How in the hell do you have my number?" I ask.

"I know things." He replies.

"Okay, so mass controlled assassins? Only after supernatural creatures." I pause. "Great."

"Yeah, you were also right about the money that was stolen from the vault. It's what the Benefactor is paying everyone with." He says.

"Do we have a list?" I ask.

"I'm not sure, but I'm going to say no." He replies.

"All that we know is we need to watch our backs, and be ready to fight at any given moment." I sigh.

"Pretty much, but you especially should watch your back. If what you've said about yourself is true, you're at the top of the list. Everyone wants to biggest kill to get the most money." He states. "Be careful Brittany."

"You too, Derek." I reply.

"Get some sleep, you have school tomorrow." He says.

"Yeah, you need to get some sleep too." I say.

"I will. I'll talk to you tomorrow." He states.

"Bye." I slightly sigh.

"Bye." We hang up and I put my phone back on charge. I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling.

Why does he care? How does he know all of this? Why am I being so soft?

I groan overdramatically and roll over before burying my face in the pillow.