31. Haven

"Dad?" I ask as I walk in the door, "I'm back from Mexico." He walks in from the kitchen with his arms crossed.

"We need to talk sweetie." He walks towards me and I nod.

"Yeah, we do." I sit down on the couch and he follows pursuit.

"I'm going to rehab." "I'm pregnant." We blurt out our statements simultaneously.

"What?" His face contorts.

"Yeah," I take a deep breath, "and Derek and I are going to move to South America with his sister because it's safe there."

"Okay, I can deal with that." He wraps his arms around me and we sit in each other's arms, "I'll be in rehab for at least a year. Send me some pictures and call when you can. It's the same place I was last time."

"I'm sorry that I'm leaving again." I sigh and bury my head in his shoulder.

"That's okay kiddo," he rubs my back and slightly rocks me, "I know that it isn't safe here."

"I should've miscarried by now. I've been poisoned and stabbed and shot so many times." I take a deep breath and he holds me tighter.

"Well while I'm a little disappointed that you're pregnant this young, I'm glad that you haven't. I don't want you to have to go through that," He runs a hand through my hair, "and maybe grandkids will keep me sober for good."

"Well I'm not sure how many there are." I lift my head from his shoulder, "I'm pretty sure that it's just one, I only hear one at least."

"I love you bird." He kisses the side of my head and I smile.

"I love you too Dad." He smiles at me and we stop hugging, "Derek should be here soon to help me pack. He went and got rid of the loft."

"That's good, because I need to have a talk with him."

"Dad." I grumble and he laughs.

"I'll go easy on him." He tucks my hair behind my ear and smiles, "I'm gonna miss you kid."

"I'll miss you more." I place my hand over his and smile, "Get sober and stay healthy for me. I'm sure we'll come visit after you know."

"I will try my damnedest," he slides his thumb across my cheek, "and no more drinking for young lady."

"I know dad," I nod and take a deep breath, "to be completely honest I wasn't sure if I was pregnant or not when I chugged all of that before I left."

"Well if you had the slightest suspicion then you shouldn't have. Being completely honest you shouldn't have anyways regardless of being pregnant, you're not old enough and you don't want to end up like your old man."

"You're not that bad. You're still an amazing dad, but you have your moments and so does everyone."

"I love you kiddo," he gently pats my face, "go get ready."

"I love you too Dad." I kiss his cheek before standing and starting up the stairs.

+++++

Derek closes the trunk and then climbs in the truck. His hand turns the key before he fastens the seat belt. He shifts in reverse and looks over at me.

"Are you ready?" He asks keeping his foot on the brake.

"For the trip, or for the next 18 years?" I retort with a smile.

"The trip," he pulls out of the parking lot, "I know damn well we aren't ready for the next 18 years."

"We literally just dealt with a shit ton of assassins. I'm sure we can handle parenting." I rest my hand on the console and his fingers slot through mine.

"Kids are a little different from assassins Brittany." He squeezes my hand, "I'm pretty sure kids are harder to deal with." I laugh and then glance out the window.

"I love you Derek."

"I love you too."

Hello peoples, so I'm probably gonna write one or two more chapters and then say farewell to this story. I'm just really not feeling it anymore.

Which has been happening a lot. I've practically abandoned several stories and I have so many drafts for new stories. It's a chaotic mess.

However I'm pretty sure I will be wrapping up this book very soon, it was fun when I started it but I'm just losing interest. I don't even really remember my original plan, shit I've been writing this for 3 years.

Anyways, I just wanted to touch base real quick and I'll try to get these next and final few chapters out ASAP.

You Know Who I Am