2. Lacrosse

I cross my arms and look around the locker room for the doorframe of dad's office for Scott McCall. I catch a glimpse of him just before he looks toward me and I look away. I feel a hand on my shoulder and glance at dad before he steps past me.

"All right listen up!" Dad blows his whistle and is slightly flinch at the noise. "Tryouts are tomorrow, and all positions are open. Including captain. You all know the rules, 2.0 or higher, decent attendance, stay out of trouble, and you might make a bench spot. I want to see your absolute best, not your best on a bad on a bad day. Practices after tryouts are mandatory unless specified otherwise. Understood?" He gets a bunch of murmurs and nods. "Secondly, this is my daughter Brittany and after today's practice, she calls the shots. So I wouldn't get on her bad side. As for you Greenberg, you're screwed she already hates you more than what I do. So, Brittany calls shots. If she says run, you run. If she says jump, you say how high. That's just how it's going to be. Questions?" A kid slowly raises his hand. "What Greenberg?"

"How does she already-" I pull a whistle from my pocket and cut him off.

"Shut up Greenberg." I say. He goes to protest an I blow the whistle again.

"She's definitely his daughter." I hear someone whisper from toward the back of the locker room. I glance to the back and make eye contact with Scott McCall, his friend made the comment. I wink before looking around the locker room.

"Why does she get to be in charge?" Another kid asks.

"Because I said so, and if you have a problem with it, either suck it up or leave." Dad replies with a shrug.

"Coach we don't exactly have room to be kicking people off." A random kid states.

"We just need to find three kids good enough to replace Jaskson, Lahey, and Danny. And for Greenberg to graduate." Dad states. I half chuckle before standing up straight. "We can afford one lowsey player."

"Just keep in mind that every single one of you is replaceable. And also that I'm part of what gets you on the team or not. If I don't like you, you don't make the team, unless you're really good, then you might survive, but I'll give you hell. So I suggest you all get on my good side and stay there. Except for you Greenberg, don't try to get on my good side, or any of my sides, you can start out today with five laps around the field." I say.

"Everybody out to field and stretch, then I want to see five laps from everyone. Greenberg, you can do ten." Dad orders.

+++++

I stand beside Dad with my hands in my pockets watching the boys play. I keep a close eye on Scott, Liam, and a few other suspicious players. Stiles seems okay, but he's still with Scott. I tilt my chin up slightly and continue to watch everyone. Liam throws a few balls into the goal and Scott and Stiles get suspicious. Scott grabs a ball and completely misses the goal. I break out into a fit of laughter and hear him slightly growl. Liam rolls his eyes before shooting a few more. Scott grabs another ball and makes it in. Stiles fist pumps and Scott bounces on his toes. Liam narrows his eyes and starts throwing more shots. I quirk a brow at the situation and watch carefully.

"That Liam kid is pretty good. Better than your so called captain at this point." I state. I see Scott tense and he grabs the balls and starts putting them in the goal.

"Liam's pretty good, but I've seen Scott play. He doesn't always take practice too seriously, but he plays damn good." Dad says. I purse my lips as Scott grabs another ball.

"I don't see it, I think Liam might out rank him." I smirk. Scott grips the lacrosse stick and throws the ball through the goalie's stick. "But that was a damn good shot."

"Like I said, he's one of the best players we have." He grabs his whistle and blows it hard. "That's time!!! Get your asses out of here!!!"