15. Falling Apart

"I'm fine." I state going to sit up. Derek places a hand on my chest and pushes me back down gently.

"No you're not." He says. "You need to lie down until your heart rate calms down."

"Derek, I'm fine I swear." I try to sit up again and he places a firm hand against my shoulder.

"Brittany you were completely unconscious for five minutes. You need to lie down." He states. My phone buzzes again and I reach for it before Derek grabs it. "And you aren't getting this back for at least an hour." He shakes my phone before placing it of my reach.

"Who are you? My mother?" I scoff.

"Look, I'm doing this because I care. All I know is you passed out after checking your phone. So no phone for a while." He says.

"Derek, we are all in danger. Not just because of the dead pool. Okay? It's not just a bunch of assassins, or Kate and her Berserkers. Conner is here now, and if he has to track me, he will kill everything living thing in his path. If he really is an alpha now, we can't stop him." I state.

"I took down a pack of alphas."

"Yeah, but you were alpha then, and not losing every ounce of power you have."

"What about Scott?"

"Scott wouldn't shed the blood of an enemy even when justified!" I snap. I take a deep breath. "The only way to stop Conner is to put him down."

"Talk to Argent." Derek says.

"I don't deal with hunters."

"He's retired."

"No hunter is ever retired." I growl.

"It was his daughter's dying wish."

"Allison made the decision long before she died. And if you really knew Christopher, you'd know he already abandoned her code." I state.

+++++

"Dad, I'm home!" I call out.

"Hey, kiddo, one your friends is here!" He calls back. My stomach flips and I sprint towards his voice. Dad sits tied to a chair, Conner standing behind him.

"Leave him out of this Conner." I say.

"Why? I think he makes the perfect motive." Conner smirks.

"Please forgive me, Dad." I whisper before my eyes change color. "Leave him out of this." I growl.

"It's a bit late for that love, now isn't it?" He smirks.

"Fine then, I didn't want to have to do this, but you have me no choice." I sigh before staring into his eyes and humming. He slightly sways before crashing to the ground. I cut dad loose and look at him. "I am so sorry. I'll explain everything later, I promise." I kiss him on the forehead before grabbing Conner and dragging him far away. I chain him up and grab my phone. "Garrett, do you wanna make some money?"

"What do you want?"

"I need you to kill somebody for me. I have him chained down for you, so it's easier. Just make sure it is very slow and very painful."

"What do I get in return?"

"Anything you want. Just as long as he suffers."

"Deal."

I hang up and sigh. I sit down and stare at the boy I used to think I loved. I take a deep breath before moving and crouching in front of him.

"You wanna know something Conner?" I pause. "For a while there, I actually cared about you, now I'm hiring assassins to kill you. It just feels so ironic to me, you know, because I just threw everything away, just like you did me. I don't regret almost killing you back in Cleveland, actually, I wish I had." I pat him on the cheek before standing and walking away.