17. Hold Me

The sound of an engine shutting off made me pull myself together. I stand on shaky legs and walk to the door. I open it as Derek approaches it.

"You look like a mess, Brittany." He teases. I smile and shake my head.

"This isn't anything." I state.

"How much did you have?" He asks rubbing back.

"Two small glasses. That's all." I reply burying my face in his chest.

"Come on, let's go to your room and you can tell me about your day." He says.

"Carry me?" I murmur looking up at him with pleading eyes.

"Only because you feel like shit." He picks me up and carries to my room. He gently lays me on the bed and lays beside me.

"Conner tried to killed dad." I state. "Well, at least I think that's what he was doing. He's still obsessed with me, and I'm scared Derek."

"Look, even though I'm not as strong as I used to be, I will go to no end to make sure you are safe. Brittany I love you more than words can describe, I will protect you even if it means my life."

"I love you." I weakly speak before burying my head in his chest.

"I love you too." His arms wrap around me.

+++++

I check my phone to see if Conner has tried anything yet then shut it off. Pain radiates through my side and I squeeze my eyes shut.

"What's wrong?" Derek asks, eyes filling with worry.

"Nothing, it's nothing." I reply shaking my head. "I'm fine."

"Brittany something is obviously wrong." He states.

"I'm fine." I mutter through the pain.

"You're bleeding." He places his hand on my side. "This is from the other night isn't it?"

"I said it's fine Derek." I state.

"No, it's not. I'm taking you to Deaton." He shakes his head.

"He can't do anything for it." I sigh. "What Violet had on the blade and what Garrett got Bret with are two totally different things."

"What do you mean?" Derek asks.

"I mean, it's not wolfsbane that Violet got me with. It's a hell of a lot worse." I reply. "I made a deal with Garrett, he has the cure. I'm paying him a lot to get rid of Conner for me and he's giving me the cure."

"Who says he won't turn around and kill you?" He retorts.

"If he tries anything, I'll kill Violet." I shrug.

"What if Deaton was the cure?"

"We can see, but I'm not breaking my deal with Garrett."

"Why not? What if breaking that deal is the only way to keep you alive?"

"I don't care. I need Conner dead." I state bluntly.

"Brittany you're dying."

"As long as Conner is dead, I couldn't care less." I snap.

"I care! I'm not letting you die because of your dumb ass ex!" He booms.

"Last time I checked, you don't have much room to talk about living. Come see me when you're a werewolf again." I sass.

"I'm not dying." He states.

"What other person who was born a werewolf lost their power and lived?" I scoff.

"This isn't about me Brittany." He says softly. "We can save you, there isn't much hope for me."

"Do you think I want to be the one left standing at your funeral?" A tear slides down my face.

"And I do?" He shakes his head. "I'm not going to die Brittany, but you will if we don't get you help."

"Really Derek? Really?" I shake my head and turn my back to him. I wipe away my tears and turn back around. "We're all going die anyways, what's the point? Every single person on that goddamned list is going to die."

"Don't say that."

"You know it just as well as I do."

"Brittany stop!" He raises his voice. "We're all going to be okay."

"Say what you want Derek, there's no hope for us, for any supernatural out there."

"What are you talking about? There's always hope."

I shake my head slightly before swaying on my feet and everything becomes dark.