16. Explanation

I lean against the wall and stare blankly at the boy chained to the post. His eyes open and he tries to move. He looks down at the chains and tries to break loose.

"They're laced with wolfsbane." I state looking at my claws, coated in his blood. "Your blood actually makes a nice shade of nail polish." I say with a shrug.

"I'm guessing you want me to dance for you? Since I'm tied to a pole and all." He smirks. I hit a button on the wall beside me and he yelps. "Electricity, nice touch."

"Anything for you." I narrow my eyes at him.

"I never took you as a kinky girl, but you've got everything just right." He licks his lips.

"I even have something to keep your mouth shut." I growl before walking toward him and tying a gag on his mouth. "Now you have something to bite down on when I make you wanna scream." He jerks forward with his eyes glowing. I laugh at him and crouch in front of him. "How does it feel being the one without power? Having no say in anything whatsoever? Looks like you aren't so powerful now, are you?" He growls and then starts coughing like crazy. "Doesn't taste too good does it?" I drag a claw down the side of his face. "That's because it's soaked in wolfsbane just like these chains." I tug on the chains gently. "It's a wonderful day to not be a werewolf." I grin. "I'll see you later Conner." I grab his chin and shake his head before standing and walking away.

+++++

I open the door and slowly take a step in. I take a deep breath and close the door. I slowly make my way to the kitchen. Dad sits at the island with a glass in his hand, the bottle sitting just within his reach. I take another deep breath before pouring myself a glass and sitting beside him. I take a sip and let the liquor burn down my throat.

"You're only seventeen." Dad speaks after pouring himself another glass.

"I can't get drunk." I slide the bottle away from him. "You can, no more tonight. Be slow with that one. You're gonna need it."

"I don't need a damn explanation, Brittany. I just want to know why you can shift, you shouldn't be able to until you're eighteen." He states.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Wait. Hold the fuck up. You knew!?!"

"Of course I knew Brittany!" His voice raises. "I just want to know why you can shift."

"The guy from earlier, he's a werewolf. He gave his brother fifty bucks to turn me. That is why I can shift, I'm just having trouble with the Lamia thing." I say taking another sip from my glass.

"You're grandmother was a Lamia, so was my sister. That's why I know." He finishes his glass.

"They were hunted." I whisper.

"Yeah." He nods. "That kid from earlier, you're torturing him. Making him feel everything you felt and more. You're slowly killing him."

"Actually I hired and assassin to kill him for me." I state scratching the back of my neck.

"You'll kill him before an assassin can. You can't control that side of you. You want him to suffer for everything he ever did to you."

"I can't kill him." I shake my head and finish my glass. "I don't have the balls to. I can come close to killing the son of a bitch but something always stops me from finishing the job."

"You'll finish the job, never fails. You'll get it done eventually." He rubs my back before getting up. "Oh, and Derek called, he wanted to make sure you're okay. You should probably call him." He walks off and I pour myself another glass before grabbing my phone from my pocket. I tap on his picture then the green button and wait for him to answer.

"Brit? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I take a sip from the glass.

"Don't lie."

"Babe, I'm fine. I promise." Another sip.

"You're drinking. You're not fine."

"Come stay with me, please." My chest hurts and tears start in my eyes.

"Okay, I will." Another.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"Finish your glass then I don't want you to take another sip."

"Okay." I push the glass away, nothing more than a sip left. "I love you."

"I love you too baby. I'll be there soon." We hang up and I take the last sip before laying my head down on the marble. Tears fall from my eyes and I squeeze my eyes shut.

I used to be able to drink away the pain.

I used to.