11. Allison Argent is the Key

I walk through the door and toward the kitchen. I grab a bottle of water and a granola bar before going to the living room. I sit down on the couch and turn on the TV. The door opens and Dad walks in. He raises an eyebrow before checking the time on his phone.

"Four o'clock, you must've really had fun." Dad says sitting down in the recliner.

"Yeah, I had a lot of fun." I nod taking a bite from my granola bar.

"What'd you do?" He asks. "Lydia had that lake house party last night, you go?"

"Nah, I was busy uptown." I reply.

"Busy?" He raises an eyebrow. "Like doing something or someone?"

"Someone." I say.

"More than one?"

"Dad! What the hell!?! Why do you care!?!" I exclaim.

"So was it a threesome or like an orgy or did you just sleep around? I care because I'm your father but also your friend at times and your coworker and also your boss."

"No, it was only one someone."

"Do I know this someone?"

"Maybe, but he's older than me."

"Like a Senior or like a guy my age, please don't let it be a guy my age. Unless you're getting a lot of cash, but please tell me he's not my age."

"He's in his mid twenties, Dad. I ain't looking for no sugar daddy." I hold my hands up.

"So graduated a few years ago. Did he go to school here?"

"Pretty sure. Mom and his mom used to hangout a lot."

"Do you honestly think I'm going to know who the hell you're talking about?"

"Oh, I know you don't. That's kind of the point." I state.

+++++

"So what does this make us now?" I ask.

"A relationship, I guess." Derek replies.

"We aren't telling Scott and Stiles about this." I state.

"Agreed." He says.

"And we should probably wait before telling anyone, especially my dad. Or Lydia, because she'll break if she gets interrogated by Stiles." I add.

"Oh yeah, totally." He nods.

"Where were you last night?" Kira asks. "I thought you were going to help out with Liam?"

"Assassins found me, I was busy running for my life." I reply.

"Speaking of, Lydia had a coded message, you know banshee thing, and we found the key. It was Allison, and we uncovered a third of the list. You and Scott are the highest prize." She states.

"How much are our heads worth exactly?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"25 million each. Your name is above Scott's though." She replies.

"Huh, figured I'd be worth a little more than that." I half nod.

"There is a 25 million dollar bounty on your head and all you have to say is you thought you'd be worth more!" She gawks. "I'd be freaking out, well I am freaking out and I'm only worth 6 million!"

"Well, Kira, I have already had three or four assassination attempts, and I'm not the type to freak out when there are plenty of others on a list who are worth some figures themselves, even though I am top dollar. Not everyone goes for the big guns first, that takes some serious balls. So far only two people have had this balls, well Mute killed all the Walcotts before he can after me, I'm not sure about the bitch that jumped me last night." I state.

"How are you so calm about this!?!" She exclaims.

"Stay calm and collected, and never lose your cool." I say nonchalantly. "That's the key to control, unless you have kush, then kush is the ultimate key to control."

"Also, that scrimmage is tonight. Do we have a game plan for assassins or?" She asks.

"I'm not the one who calls the shots Kira. I may be an alpha but I don't have a pack. I do as I please and avoid all others as much as possible. Ask Scott, I just go with whatever plan there is." I reply. She nods before walking off. I roll my eyes before putting my econ book in my locker.

"Brittany." A familiar voice whispers from outside. I close my locker and pull my bag onto my shoulder before walking toward the overpass.

"Derek?" I smile at the green eyed man before wrapping my arms around him.

"Hey." He smiles. We kiss a few times before slowly pulling apart. "How was your day?"

"It was boring until you showed up." I reply. "They uncovered a third of the list."

"Who's on it?" He spreads his hands across the small of my back.

"A lot of us, but there's two more parts, it's a dead pool, and we're all on it."