Chapter 8:

Chapter 8:

I blinked and gasped at the thing that stood and breathed right in front of me.

The wolf was huge, and taller than me. It towered me and I had to look up to look at it. I blinked and blinked hoping it was a product of my imagination. But I knew there was no way in hell it was fake. The wolf was real and it was towering right above me and we were just staring at each other. Its breathing was fanning my face.

I don't know for how long we stared at each other, until I raised my hand slowly, and met his soft fur. I was met with instant electricity flowing through my arm. It felt good.

It reminded me of Zander.

My boyfriend.

The wolf purred. It purred!

"You like that?" I said and smiled a little. I sat on my knees and the wolf was still taller than me. "You're a really big wolf." I said. "You're fur is really soft too." I said quietly.

The wolf looked at me and stuck his tongue out. Maybe he's just a huge dog? He seemed well trained and really tamed. His eyes seemed very oddly familiar. His face got closer to mine and he licked my face. Oh my! I giggled and kept petting his head and his soft, fluffy fur. He looked at me and stuck his tongue out.

I smiled and kept petting it. "You're a really good boy." I whispered as he purred again.

The wolf laid down in front of me and I remember turning around looking at my father's grave and smiling. He must've sent this creature, this wolf, to watch over me; to console me in my sad times. I closed my eyes and collapsed on the ground into some deep sleep. Last thing I felt, was the wolf's fur on my hand, and then a hand, caressing my cheek.

***

I awoke with the sound of thunder.

I tossed to the other side and my face hit the fluffy pillow hard. Ouch. I was falling back asleep, until I remembered: how the hell did my face just touch the pillow if I was in the graveyard. I had fallen asleep at the graveyard.

My eyes snapped open and for sure I was in my room, in my bed. I look down at my clothes and I was wearing what I was wearing when I went to visit my father's grave.

I sat up in bed, but as soon as I did, there was a knock on my room. "Come in," I said quietly. I was confused.

Who could've brought me?

Where was my car?

Zander walked in with a small smile. "Good morning, Kitten."

I smiled at him. "Good morning, Zander."

"How are you?"

"Good. I slept really good for some reason."

He chuckled.

"What, uh, what are you doing here?" I asked and blushed at the idea of him looking at me and I probably looked bad. I then decided to ask him before he could answer my first question. "I was at my father's grave last night. Do you have any idea who could've brought me home last night after I accidentally fell asleep?"

"I did,"

"You did?"

He nodded. "I was driving by when I saw your car, and I got out to see what were you doing at night in the cemetery and I found you passed out."

"What about the–," I stopped myself. I was about to ask him about the wolf but if I did he'll call me crazy or something like why I didn't run away from it. "Was I alone?"